Thread: Map of Mer

Default Map of Mer

Here's a map I recently made for an RPG. It is loosely based on the world of Mer from the Pirates of Darkwater TV series. I've taken some artistic license with the placement and names of locations. All done in PS.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mer2.png 
Views:	258 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	65232

I may come back to it at some point and go into further detail as my skills improve, but for now I am quite pleased. Thanks for looking

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Hey, great work! I like the style. My own preference might be to bring down the opacity on the land masses a little and I think the texture of the paper is just a bit too intense, maybe reduce the depth of it?

Also, a higher resolution image would be cool, 'cause then I could have a good look at your details! Thanks for posting this.

cheers,
    Meshon

Hey thanks! Yeah, it's not perfect but I plan on doing another version in the future.

To this very day a favorite exclamation between me and the wife is "damn you monkeybird!" I agree with Meshon, you paper is worth spending some more time, your colors seem a bit over saturated and clean compared to the writing surface. Some navigation lines would be a nice touch also. You've got a good start though with some fun features.