Thread: Ebontide. Iterations 1 and 2

Map Ebontide. Iterations 1 and 2

Hey! I am new to the forums. Here are my two ridiculously over-sized maps.

A few months ago I started making a DND campaign.
    I wanted to make a map of the game world. The idea was that players would be able to go anywhere they wanted. Even if it was not part of the story. I wanted players to have a homeland to go back to. Things like that. It needed to display a sense of scale.
    So following tutorials, starting with this one I began making a semi realistic, large world map. I used so many and selected methods from some and not others. I would be unable to list them all.
    Eventually I created this.
    (Images are thumbnails. Use the links to download the original images. Warning some are hefty in size.) (I am so sorry ;-; )

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DNDMapNamesTHUMB.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	120.9 KB 
ID:	65202
    Map 1 (named version)

It was a long process, but I eventually finished it and used a site called Umapper to add locations.
    Though eventually I began to feel that the whole map was... small. The more I worked on it the more I began to feel it was more like a small continent than a world.
    The problem was I couldn't make it any bigger or my photoshop would split at the seams. All the bevel and texture filters were turning out to be really intensive.

So I decided to go simple but big. Used another tutorial for an old style map and eventually created something I felt matched the scale of what I was after. Used a number of map symbol brushes from around here and the web.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GigaWorldAgedNamesTHUMB.png 
Views:	131 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	65203
    Map 2 (named version)

The brushes I used can be found here, here and here, including some of Schwarzkreuz's brushes. I also used this font for some details.

If you want to see it in all it's glory. I give you the fancy > ZOOMIFY VERSION <
    If you want the zoomify version to host. You will need to message me.

Map 1 (blank version)
    Map 2 (blank version)
    Map 2 (clean version)

And yes, you can use these non commercially if you wish to! Huzzah!
    Last edited by ThePengu; 06-26-2014 at 04:52 AM.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Welcome to the Guild. Since you're also using stuff from one of our member (Schwarzkreuz), you might want to credit him aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    Welcome to the Guild. Since you're also using stuff from one of our member (Schwarzkreuz), you might want to credit him aswell.
    Sure. Let me know what stuff and I will put a link in. Having trouble keeping track myself.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

I think you used some mountains and rocky stuff from him, maybe from this thread

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    I think you used some mountains and rocky stuff from him, maybe from this thread
    Ah yes. So I did. Added ~