Thread: Star Wars Clone Wars Inspired Training Course

Map Star Wars Clone Wars Inspired Training Course

I forget the episode in the Clone Wars cartoon series, but it involved a Team of Clone Troopers going through a Training Course that involved storming a Citadel while battling through Hoards of Battle Droids. I made a campaign that was set in the Imperial Remnant after the battle of yavin where all my players were random guys who signed up for the Imperial Army or Navy. They went through Psych evaluations and even Rorschach tests. The final exam was storming the citadel. Could they work together as a squad to accomplish a common goal, or were they not cut out to be members of the Imperial Remnant. I made this particular map using Campaign Cartographer 3 from ProFantasy. It was literally the first map I ever made hopefully it holds up well after all these years.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Training Course.JPG 
Views:	648 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	63345

To give you a quick breakdown if I remember correctly, the four round circles were pillars that went all the way up to the ceiling so they would completely block line of sight from certain angles. The two cylinders in the middle that have stairs leading up from the sunken in pit were essentially bunkers that kept spawning battle droids if the players didn't capture and hold them. The turret was a hazard that fired at the top of every round which could only be disabled from the control panel on the inside of the citadel. You could climb up the front wall right up to the top, or climb up the stairs and slice through the blast doors. My players had a lot of fun with this encounter and to this day say it is one of the more memorable encounters they have ever experienced.

Very cool map. I loved that episode! It looks just about how I remember it in the show.