Thread: Norumbega Continent (World of Eldoran)

Map Norumbega Continent (World of Eldoran)

Here's my latest map in Eldoran world setting. It shows a political map of the continent of Norumbega, ruled by the federal nation of Arendaronon and largely unexplored on some portions. Therefore, the inhabited parts - and completely explored - are shown by the colored areas.

Also a test of a "personnal" 19th century style. Feel free to comment!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Norumbega final.jpg 
Views:	441 
Size:	3.75 MB 
ID:	63369

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Beautiful in every way. Fantastic job on this, Ilanthar! I can't rep you, but I'm doing it in spirit

Can't rep you for this one, sadly. I know this is to prevent "rep-fraud"... but in your case... what are we to do when you deliver masterpiece after masterpiece?

Thanks a lot! I'm glad you like it.

By Lingon
    Beautiful in every way. Fantastic job on this, Ilanthar! I can't rep you, but I'm doing it in spirit
    I'm not completely satisfied on some points (the railroads being one), but I didn't find something to do it better. Plus, I'm working on another map (a world map, that's partly your fault I guess ), so...

By Freodin
    Can't rep you for this one, sadly. I know this is to prevent "rep-fraud"... but in your case... what are we to do when you deliver masterpiece after masterpiece?
    Well, I'm flattered ! I'm far from being as quick to do maps as others... But I'm working on another map that will be posted quite soon, for once. So, that's almost a prediction

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Good job Ilanthar, I could neatpick a few things ( a few inconsistencies in the choice of some design elements, some title fonts that could have some aged effects to fits better the design elements, the too "pastel" colors for me) but overall that's a nice map

By - Max -
    Good job Ilanthar, I could neatpick a few things ( a few inconsistencies in the choice of some design elements, some title fonts that could have some aged effects to fits better the design elements, the too "pastel" colors for me) but overall that's a nice map
    Thanks - Max - ! Could you point those things out? When you're talking about aging letters, I assume it's concerning sea labels and titles (and yeah, you're right about that), but I would be glad to read you about the rest (I want to improve that, plus, I'm working on another map with similar elements...).

Lovely work Ilanthar!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Beautiful. Do you plan on doing the rest of the continents like this or will you move on to other things now?

Like the map Ilanthar My only critique is in the minimap I find it hard to distinguish the borders between Attignaenongnehac and Wedatiza over the waters.
    Last edited by Sharpes; 06-27-2014 at 12:03 PM.

Thanks Groovey and Sharpes! I'm glad you like the map.

By Groovey
    Do you plan on doing the rest of the continents like this or will you move on to other things now?
    That was my initial intent, but I've been caught by other things... and we don't play that game much. Right now, I'm a bit occupied in different things (without finishing one.), but mainly on a map of a big Los Angeles.
    Anyway, I may work on this again. And if so, probably the eastern part of the central continent.

By Sharpes
    I find it hard to distinguish the borders between Attignaenongnehac and Wedatiza over the waters
    Yep, you're right. The two colors are too alike, clearly.