Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying to re-find a map ...

Guild Adept Guild Sponsor

Default Trying to re-find a map ...

I saw a map on here not long ago, and I can't find it again. It depicted, essentially, a gigantic island floating in the sky. It had stars in the background, and cascades of water tumbling from the edges of the world. I think it was done for a mapping challenge, but durned if I can find it again.

Can anyone point me in the right direction based on this extremely sketchy description?

Last edited by madcowchef; 04-22-2014 at 07:26 PM.

Ah ha! It's the second one. Brilliant!

In fact, madcowchef, I note that you were the creator of that map, and fairly recently. I'd like to use that in a campaign I'm running. Do you mind?

Also, um, would you happen to have a copy without labels? That would be handy.

I wouldn't mind at all, looking for no labels, do you want the key removed also?

You mean the textbox at the bottom left listing all the spots on the map? It'd be nice if the text and the icons were cleared away, and then I'll just fill in my own there.

Thanks a bunch! This is going to make the next chapter of my campaign a LOT cooler. ^_^

One info stripped map. Might be some artifacts of some sublayers still hiding around but its mostly cleaned.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LastTowerStripped.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	4.10 MB 
ID:	63468

Beautiful! Thank you very, very much. This will be extremely useful. Our next session is on Sunday, and this may well come into play then -- though I suspect the session after that is more likely.

Thanks again! ^_^

Hey, I'm not familiar with the reputation system, but I know there is one on the board. How does that work? Is there some way I can give you some rep?

Heh I had the same problem. At the bottom of each post there is the triangle with the exclamation point and the sherrifs badge. I assumed the latter was for reporting a post as naughty. Turns out that six pointed star is the rep button. Now you can spread thanks to all the wonderful tutorial makers that we probably all owe our first born to.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by madcowchef View Post
    Now you can spread thanks to all the wonderful tutorial makers that we probably all owe our first born to.
    And to all those people who make a point of sharing things here, like fantastic tile sets!

cheers,
    Meshon

Just dropping a quick note to say that we finally started the chapter featuring this map. It's been renamed Undrendal -- a pocket plane ruled by an ancient vampire currently struggling to deal with an unexpected outbreak of lycanthropy in the previously tidy and orderly society.

The one player (it's a solo campaign) commented on how gorgeous the map was. We're going to be playing on it for at least 2-3 months, I think, possibly more. It's so nice to have a really good overland map. Thanks a lot, madcowchef!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast