Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small city map: mixing gis data and photoshop

Same Katto, i prefer the smaller version, the bigger one allows to see the weaknesses of the map my attempt to create seamless textures wasnt a great sucess , i think i'll try to improve that point next time

By Francissimo
    Maybe i should have add a little texture to the road layer, but my ps file was already really big so i thought it was time to stop adding effects before the computer burns
    Believe me, I know how it feels! I'm working on PSP7, and it's far more worse than PS for managing big multi-layered files... So, I got used to do multiple files with a progressive merging of layers I won't change anymore.

Thanks Francissimo! My PS files get pretty big too, but fortunately I've got a powerful computer which (so far) has taken the strain.

Thanks for posting the large size version which allowed me to see more how it was done. Of course the image should not be viewed at this size for beauty. If there are aliasing and the bevel and emboss roofs to buildings, they are much better seen zoomed out than close up for sure. There is so much in this map to love in terms of how the elements are distributed. Great stuff!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12