Thread: Reeth - second attempt

Guild Journeyer

Default Reeth - second attempt

The entire map has been radically reworked. Hopefully this is an improvement on the first one. A border is also on my list of priorities, so don't worry about that.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	finished (without border.png 
Views:	126 
Size:	4.37 MB 
ID:	63518

Interesting, you seems to have a particular geography. That's quite a few endorheic basins considering the size of the area and they are close to the ocean. I'm not sure if it's plausible but I like the swamps.

Guild Journeyer

So I need to remove some?

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Llannagh's Avatar

I don't see why that couldn't happen and it's a fantasy world, so why not? I like the swamps too, but you might want to add some variation colorwise. Different shades of green, maybe a little yellow and some brown.

Nice effects on ocean borders, and your trees are unusual but not unpleasant
    The general color tone isn't really working for me but we are entering personals tastes here.

I like it. It has a bold individual style. Some of the smaller labels are difficult to read for me although this might be resolved later in print or whatever method you choose to display the map.

Guild Journeyer

Yeah, I had file size troubles. It's a lot easier to read at full resolution. I also added some adjustment layers to resolve contrast/brightness issues which made it more legible. The colour scheme was quite a problem but hopefully I can fix that too.