Thread: Greetings from Austria

Guild Novice

Post Greetings from Austria

Hello everyone! My name is Michael and I'm from Austria. Recently some friends an I started to play Pathfinder and I really wanted to give them something to look at, and so I proceeded to create a Dungeon. I came across this site about a week ago, when I was searching for some map symbols for my DD3 dungeon, and since then, spent some time browsing this forum. There were so many inspiring maps present, that I simply felt I needed to draw my own(could still take a while since I am very much a beginner). Software I am using is GIMP, DD3 and I dabble a bit in Blender.

Here is my first map ever created, which depicts a ruined gold mine i will use in an adventure.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Todesminen Tiefen - heller mit skala-150ppi.jpeg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	63551

Welcome to the Guild Mike, Great first map. Using a light grey glow on the cave walls is very different, but I like the effect.
    The one thing that catches my eye is where the reddish light glow cuts off in a perfect straight line in the middle of the map.
    A little more fade away would be better. Still a wonderful first map, so I have to REP you ( REP points is a good thing )

Guild Novice

Thank you!
    It is a problem with the DD3 as far as I could read up. If you render the image in a high resolution, the program splits the rendering into two parts and calculates them seperate, then joins them together. Since I mostly made those colors with lightsetups, the lower part did not get any light information from the red light, since the light itself is on the upper half of the map. thus leaving a straight line which bugged me too but afer hours of trying I just left it at that. BTW I really love those symbols you made.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JefBT's Avatar

That is indeed a good map.

And welcome to the guild, Micheal.