Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The moment you've all been waiting for... Phenomedom!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    That is a sweet, sweet map. Well Done Sir!
    thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    Very good indeed. I love the level of detail. They deserve to be vfery happy with that product. I'm also glad to see GP slowly extending a monopoly through the gaming world

Repped.
    Thank you, and he was very happy with it, at least that is what he said
    GP will soon have a stranglehold on WoTC ... I hope thanks for the rep!

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    This would be the one we saw you working on a few weeks ago? It turned out very nice. So nice that I had to whack you upside the head with my rep stick. Hopefully you get a thorough beating.
    Yep, the very same map indeed. I was under the gun to get it done at that point and time, this one being the second one I had done. The first was subject to an inkspill because of playful pups and being so close to the date it was due, I was working nonstop to get it done.

And I don't mind the beating at all

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Great Work Del!
    Thank you rav

Praise Re:

Indeed, your efforts are much appreciated. This world has been taking shape for a long time now and this map does it justice. There's a ton of different fantasy worlds to compete with, and so I have strived from the beginning to make Phenomedom different from anything else out there. It hasn't been easy.

When Del and I set to work, I threw him the kitchen sink. NPC dialogue, area descriptions, monster descriptions, prose, stream of consciousness imagery, you name it. All along I had a latent fear that everything I'd done was all gibberish. But I was impressed. He was able to sift through all that information and actually *get it*. More than that, he was able to reinterpret many of the details and add a few of his own, thereby building his *own* window into this world. The results are what you see at the top of this thread.

So I'd like to formally thank Del and the folks here at the guild. I've posted rarely as I am not much of a cartographer, but as new ideas and questions come bubbling forth I'll surely be around to distribute them. And watch what you say, because I lurk almost daily

For what its worth there are two other windows in this world to consider. The first is Legerdemain itself: a computer RPG with roots in the roguelike tradition. It features nearly two hundred NPCs, hundreds of original monsters, and a unique spellcasting system known as manipulation. It represents thousands of hours of development and is entirely free to play, available for download over at http://roguelikefiction.com.

The second is a guide book for Legerdemain called Canticle of the Onslaught, which is a three hundred page narrative describing one character's descent into Phenomedom's mysteries.

Needless to say I hope this is the first in a string of progressively more ambitious (and progressively better paying!) projects. If you believe in this sort of work and would like to see it bloom, head over to my site and join all the others who have registered. By August's end all three windows into Phenomedom will be complete, and peering through them you can interpret as your imagination demands.
    Last edited by njerpe; 08-10-2008 at 12:45 PM.

I just would like to say: wow, impressive.
    Like it was said before, quality and details make this map very very beautiful. I cannot say anything else, I am impressed. Congrats.

I was finally able to get my higher resolution scan to upload on my server... I warn you its roughly 29MB and is 8400x10000px.... Enjoy it.

Phenomedom Large Scan
    Last edited by Badger; 08-30-2008 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morshwan View Post
    I just would like to say: wow, impressive.
    Like it was said before, quality and details make this map very very beautiful. I cannot say anything else, I am impressed. Congrats.
    Thank you very much Morshwan.... I just tried to give Phenomedom the best I had ... and ended up having a load of fun in the process

Awesome! I am very impressed. I can see you like working with technical pens. Great job on the detailing!

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    Nice map!

-Rob A>
    Thanks Rob.. that actually means alot coming from you

Quote Originally Posted by kpadua View Post
    Awesome! I am very impressed. I can see you like working with technical pens. Great job on the detailing!
    Thank you kpadua. I do love my kohinoor pens, and quite a bit of it was done with those. I also used speedball dip pens as well... I love working with both.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12