Thread: Jörðgarð Map of Week #151 - High Hammer Tavern

Default Jörðgarð Map of Week #151 - High Hammer Tavern

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	highhammer_3000.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	2.62 MB 
ID:	63540

With the 151st Map of the Week we take a look at the High Hammer Tavern in the Slovanian village of Grainmill.

The High Hammer is another relic from the Æsir era, one that houses a strange deific artifact that probably also is the most worthless artifact upon the jörð. However, that already is a bit more than the Slovanians know about it. When Aleksandra's followers first explored the ruins of Æsir Nýrheim, they found a pile of rubble from a caved-in roof and mostly collapsed, fully rotted wooden walls where the old Æsir tavern known as the Giant's Skull stood. When they cleared rthe rubble, they found that the ground floor of granite brick and the storage cellar beneath it were fully intact. The also found the artifact created by great deities of the Æsir.

A five-sided pedestal 9 feet/270 cm wide and hewn of stone stood in the middle of the now barren floor, emitting a rose-colored glow on all sides but the top. Upon it stood a gigantic anvil 5 feet/150 cm long, and in the anvil someone or something had embedded a warhammer. It appeared that the hammer simply had been driven into the anvil with a mighty blow. The hammer emitted a pale lilac-colored glow that covered the top of the pedestal. What worried the Slovanians, however, was the fact that the hammer perfectly fit the description of the warhammer Mjölnir (The Smasher) that the Auðar dwarven brothers Sindri and Brokkr forged for the warrior deity Thór (þórr). There even were dwarven runes inscribed in the head of the hammer:

Key to the Floor Plan of the High Hammer Tavern

1. Main Entrance.

2. Public Room.

3. Pedestal, Anvil and Hammer.

4. Tap.

5. Pavlína's Kitchen.

6. Trapdoor to the storage cellar (not mapped).

7. Stairway to Pavlína's 2nd Story Apartment (not mapped).

8. Rear Door. Leads to the outhouse.

9. Dartboard Area. The red lines are painted on the floor.

Key to the Floor Plan of the High Hammer Tavern

1. Main Entrance.

2. Public Room.

3. Pedestal, Anvil and Hammer.

4. Tap.

5. Pavlína's Kitchen.

6. Trapdoor to the storage cellar (not mapped).

7. Stairway to Pavlína's 2nd Story Apartment (not mapped).

8. Rear Door. Leads to the outhouse.

9. Dartboard Area. The red lines are painted on the floor.

You can get these floor plans in two versions:

1. The Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 version in FMP format, fully editable (6 MB) from the Jörðgarð website.

2. As a JPG flat map of 3000 Pixels x 2085 Pixels, (2.7 MB), available above.

Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the Joerðgarð website at:

The Jörðgarð World

Next Week: Grainmill - River Bend Tavern
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Thanks for sharing, Mark. My only comment would be that the tables and the floor are to similar in color. I would try a combination that has more contrast so they are easier to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    My only comment would be that the tables and the floor are to similar in color. I would try a combination that has more contrast so they are easier to see.
    I hadn't seen that until you mentioned it. (Another member of our project group made this map.) However, it's a very good point. I'll keep it in mind in editing future works. This one already has been published, so it's too late to change it. Thanks!
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project