Thread: Practice Map

Wip Practice Map

Trying out some new techniques for a more hand drawn/painted style. any suggestions for a good font that is legible at 4pt but looks neatly hand written?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Practice Map 2.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	2.79 MB 
ID:	82773  
    Our sense of the stability of the earth is an illusion due to the shortness of our lives.
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson

4 PT is pretty small. there's not one font i know of that i would recommend using at that size, but you should take a look through the handwritten section on http://www.1001fonts.com/
    their category view has an options bar at the top that lets you set the text size for a preview so you can see what a font looks like at your desired size.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When you make printed material you usually try to go no lower than 6 pt - the occasional 5 pt (like nutrion info on the bottom of a small box of gum or such) .. 4 is very small to read, even with eagle eyes
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Yeah, I guess it depends on the font. The current font on this map is MarinCaps and the smallcity font size is at 4pts which works pretty well when you space the letters right and view it at 100% on screen. I do not plan on printing this map. Ill peruse that link Phanues. Thanks for the input guys.
    Our sense of the stability of the earth is an illusion due to the shortness of our lives.
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson