Greetings.

I am an historian-in-training currently living in Jackson, Mississippi. I was born in Oregon and lived in Virginia for some time, where I got my master's degree. I'm currently at an in-between stage in life; I recently married, and plan to apply for doctoral programs in American history next year. Meanwhile, I am an adjunct professor at a local university.

I am also an aspiring novelist. My main, long-term project is a series of fantasy novels which exercise my interests in history, language, religion, and philosophy, in an attempt at total re-creation. Though I aspire to be something of a serious writer, and transcend the genre, I also aim for as realistic and completely-realized a conworld as possible. Cartography is something that has always interested me, especially its aesthetic, and more recently I've made an effort to appreciate in general fashion the science of geography. Today I put up a post in one of the mapping forums requesting assistance with developing the geography of my conworld, starting with tectonics.