Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World of Durant - commission map

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Map World of Durant - commission map

Hi everyone,

I was lately commisionned by the writer Toby Lloyd to make a poster map of his World of Durant for his novel project. The original map is 23"x33" and it's digitally hand-drawn in Photoshop. It was really pleasant to work on this map and I hope you'll like it aswell.

As usual, feel free to rate, rep or run away

© 2014 - All rights reserved.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Durant map finalsmall.jpg 
Views:	879 
Size:	3.61 MB 
ID:	63614

i never get tired of this style. Great Job!

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Amazing!

Fantastic map.

I am the commissioner(?) of this amazing map by Max and I just want to say thank you.

I first saw Max's amazing work when I found this website. The first map of his I saw was Selvarin and that was enough to make me want to work with him to develop a map for my novel. As I continued to browse, and saw more and more of his work, I was 100% convinced and immediately emailed Max.

He came back to me quickly and was very helpful in figuring out what I wanted and how we would go about achieving my goals. His friendly advice and excellent communication was evident throughout the process.

When I saw the first draft of my map I was blown away by what Max had been able to achieve, based entirely off a bad photoshop attempt by me, and some vague descriptions. He had absolutely nailed exactly what I had pictured in my mind for the world.

I could not be happier both with Max's work, and with the honourable and helpful type of person he is. I look forward to working on maps with him in the future, once I have made a decent dent in the writing of my novel. We, the Cartographer's Guild community, are simply blessed to have people like Max.

Fantastic work. I do really enjoy this style.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Wow, nice praise for you Max! And i am sure, well deserved (at least you were always very nice to me, even if i am not a client ).

Good to finally have another map by you. As always, the overall composition is very nice. Still not a fan of those kind of forests, but i guess if i had to go with this style, i know you can do it well
    I'm sure i still need to spread the rep. around a bit before i can rep. you again...but have a Like.

I hope to see more of your works soon.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Lovely style (of course!), I like this kind of forests and especially the mountains, and the colors are great! Something about the continent shapes is bothering me though, I think it's the somewhat rectangular layout of them. And the labeling doesn't quite feel as classy as it usually does in your maps, with that sharp glow.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Thanks much guys, comments appreciated! And thank you Toby for your kind words, I was very glad to work on this map for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Lingon View Post
    Lovely style (of course!), I like this kind of forests and especially the mountains, and the colors are great! Something about the continent shapes is bothering me though, I think it's the somewhat rectangular layout of them. And the labeling doesn't quite feel as classy as it usually does in your maps, with that sharp glow.
    Thanks Lingon! The labels glow isn't that sharp, I think the low res compressed jpg increased a bit that effect

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Wow, nice praise for you Max! And i am sure, well deserved (at least you were always very nice to me, even if i am not a client ).

Good to finally have another map by you. As always, the overall composition is very nice. Still not a fan of those kind of forests, but i guess if i had to go with this style, i know you can do it well
    I'm sure i still need to spread the rep. around a bit before i can rep. you again...but have a Like.

I hope to see more of your works soon.
    Thanks Eilathen! sure thing you'll see more of it soon

I keep loving the way you labelled your mountains, do your shields, towns, and... quite everything
    And the rep button keep telling me "no"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast