I have what you call mapping indecisiveness. Here's my problem.

The types of maps I usually end up making are usually regarding a high fantasy world that would be used in an mmorpg. Thus, when I have that perspective of a game world I feel like I must show detail to each of the "zones" on the map. A "zone" is like different type of environment. Such as Forest, Mountains, Deserts ect. For those who play mmo rpg's understands where I am coming from.

My problem is not the content inside the continent. But I suffer from what a continent will look like and the scale of the content inside of that continent. I fully understand that most maps on this forum are scaled upward where with little detail inside a forest for an example. It just shows a forest. However, the maps I want to create are maps that are scaled differently than what is most commonly designed here. So my maps may look awkward or different or somewhat patchy because of the diverse types of environments.

How do you recover from mapping indecisiveness when it comes to what a continent shape is?

Any other advice would be great.