Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Gelatinous Cube Token

  1. #1
    Guild Member Altrunchen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    70

    Post Gelatinous Cube Token

    I noticed that there wasn't a decent gelatinous cube token that fully represented the fact that they are supposed to be transparent and actually cube shaped. So I went ahead and made one:


  2. #2
    Software Dev/Rep Gracious Donor waldronate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The High Desert
    Posts
    1,736

    Default

    I believe that the traditional gelatinous cube representation has some bones and treasure drifting around inside. Possibly also a surprised-looking Kender holding his breath if you get there at just the right time...

  3. #3
    Guild Member Altrunchen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Oh yeah, I will admit that having a gelatinous cube with stuff inside is way scarier. But so many tokens, minis, and whatnot have that already. One thing that bugs me as a DM is when a token has too specific of a look to it. I generally prefer stuff that is a bit more universal, that way it won't be stuck to one image or instance too much.

  4. #4
    Guild Adept
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Rome, Italy - New York, USA
    Posts
    413

    Default

    I don't know about you, but I see this as green, decidedly green, not transparent at all.

  5. #5
    Guild Artisan madcowchef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pacific Northwest USA
    Posts
    614

    Default

    I think it would have more interest if you shaded it as if it had some perspective.

  6. #6

    Default

    Don't mean to take control of your thread, but you inspired me to try to create a gelatinous cube that is transparent, with bubbles, a skeleton inside and a sword. Perhaps this example could inspire you to do something similar. This was created in 3D, modeled in Nendo, and rendering with transparency done in Raydream Studio... enjoy.

    GP


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gelatinous_cube.png 
Views:	104 
Size:	557.1 KB 
ID:	63686
    Gamer Printshop - We print RPG Maps for Game Masters!
    http://www.gamer-printshop.com

    Kaidan setting of Japanese Horror (PFRPG) Google+ community

  7. #7
    Guild Member Altrunchen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by feanaaro View Post
    I don't know about you, but I see this as green, decidedly green, not transparent at all.
    It actually is transparent, load up maptools, drop it in an see for yourself

    Quote Originally Posted by madcowchef View Post
    I think it would have more interest if you shaded it as if it had some perspective.
    Well the reason you don't see any perspective is because it's a top-down view of a cube, all you'll see is a square-like shape.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Don't mean to take control of your thread, but you inspired me to try to create a gelatinous cube that is transparent, with bubbles, a skeleton inside and a sword. Perhaps this example could inspire you to do something similar. This was created in 3D, modeled in Nendo, and rendering with transparency done in Raydream Studio... enjoy.

    GP


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gelatinous_cube.png 
Views:	104 
Size:	557.1 KB 
ID:	63686
    Wow thats very cool! Actually the token I made is transparent as well. Too bad no one tried it out to see for themselves :c. Also, the reason I didn't put anything inside of it was because I figured it could be more universally applied in that case because otherwise if the cube was defeated then the party may ask: "Oh hey! Is the stuff on the token actually there?" And I've NEVER seen a gelatinous cube token that DIDN'T have stuff inside it before so I figured I'd try going for it.

    But yeah, yours looks pretty badass

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •