Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: gimil*

Guild Novice

Post gimil*

Ahoy all!

My name is gimil and I just came accross this site after a speak with bryguy who I know from another site.

So who am I? Well I come here from an online variation of the board game risk know as ConquerClub.com. Over there we have a hugh community of over 22,000 active members! I know thats alot! Over at Conquer Club I moderate a section of there game forum know as "The Map Foundry".

Intrested yet?

What I moderate is a process where the CC (conquer club) community get to participate in creating their very own maps to be uploaded and played on the site!

After I browsed a few images here and there I seen alot of potential that our map foundry could use to make is bigger and better!

Currently one of your users know as bryguy has started a thread to promote this forum. Hopfully that should bring a few of our guys over here and I do hope a few of you guys from here find your way over to CC.

If we all interact and learn from each other I feel both groups of people could achieve and improve so much on our skills and abilities as cartpgraphers!

Click to join Conquer Club!

I do hope to see and hear from you all soon!

Happy map making gimil.

Post Hmm

Im from conquerclub aswell. And i would love to have you guys with us. Your talent is trully a gift.

Hello all.

Another member from ConquerClub.com here, just saying that I have seen some amazing talent here. It really would be nice to see some of you over at ConquerClub.

Here is a link to our Map Foundry at CC:
    http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=10

And here is some the the maps our members have produced:

There are tons more of our maps at http://www.conquerclub.com

Hope to see some of you over there soon.

--lanyards

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome aboard, all of you!

Looks kind of interesting, have to check it out when I get a chance.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Wow! I love all three of those maps! Full of character and theme! Welcome to the guild, all of you!

p.s. I notice that in good 'Risk' fashion you don't attack in ones but in threes!

Welcome to the Guild, those are indeed some cool maps.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Wow! I love all three of those maps! Full of character and theme! Welcome to the guild, all of you!

p.s. I notice that in good 'Risk' fashion you don't attack in ones but in threes!
    Yes, when making maps at ConquerClub, the maps usually have 3 main elements before they are uploaded to the site for people to play on: Gameplay, Graphics, and Theme.

In our map making forum called the "Map Foundry", there are different stages in which all maps go through: Map Ideas, Main Foundry, and Final Forge. In each of these stages, many of the members from the Foundry look at maps and comment on them. It usually takes a few moths to get a Map through the process, but in the end they turn out looking great and fun maps.

There are many more of our maps on CC, you can look at the rest of the 87 here:
    http://www.conquerclub.com/maps/

--lanyards

Lanyards I think he meant that there were three people (or at least I hope so...cause that would be a cool comment!)

Either way, I'm sure we can learn from each other.

Well, sending just one earlier apparently didn't work. I forget who that was, but we had someone from Conquer Club post up some samples of his work a while back. I was quite impressed, and I think I expressed at that time how cool I thought some of the variants were.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Hey guys, I'm here also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr
    Well, sending just one earlier apparently didn't work. I forget who that was, but we had someone from Conquer Club post up some samples of his work a while back. I was quite impressed, and I think I expressed at that time how cool I thought some of the variants were.
    That was WidowMakers, I think. He has made quite a few awesome maps.

Here's one I've made.

And one of my favorites to play on, made by DiM.

I've seen lots of talent on this site, and I'd love to see a few members here give Risk maps a try.

...lol. I like the smilies here, also

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast