Thread: Frankston/Aeon City

Wip Frankston/Aeon City

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Frankston.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	132.3 KB 
ID:	64585

Hi all. I wasn't sure whether to post this here or Cities/Towns, so apologies if this is the wrong place.

This is obviously a very early stages map but I wanted to confirm that the basic premise was sound before getting too far into the detail. Does the scale and everything look right? Does it look geographically reasonable etc. I'm a novice at drawing terrain and cities and I imagine I've made some newb errors.

DESCRIPTION: Frankston is a modern city of around 100,000 people in a superhero setting. In the mid-50s a facility was established in Frankston by the Aeon Corporation dedicated to bringing the greatest minds together to work on cutting edge research. Over the following decades, Frankston fell upon hard times while the Aeon facility grew, expanding by purchasing ever-increasing amounts of land from Frankston. Eventually Aeon leveraged its political influence to become effectively a city in it's own right located in the middle of Frankston walled off by a high-tech barrier (the red area on the map). This is a source of great tension between Frankston and Aeon as Aeon now effectively cracks Frankston in half, leading to its common nickname 'Fracture City'.

Thank you.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looks good to me. Great story too
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.