Thread: map in gimp

Post map in gimp

here is a map im creating for ConquerClub...its loosely based on the War of the Roses...suggestions and comments are gladly accepted...feel free to tell me what you think...

Blog Entries

Seems like there is a competition on that were unaware of. Well, I have skimmed through the others too and concluded that none of you must be from the UK ! At least this one has a Somerset instead of the old and disbanded Avon but I dread to think what happened to Yorkshire. In fact I am not certain whether the city of York now sits in Yorkshire at all...

So lets assume that this is not to be very accurate...

With that in mind its pretty good. Color is fine etc. The problem I am having with all these maps is the context to which they are used. Is this game a medieval one or modern and was there a reason for choosing some of the counties as regions to conquer and then why not go with all of them. Some have Scotland and Ireland and some do not.

Maybe a very old map would have had bigger and less counties to make the game from.

If your going for the "War of the Roses" then at least you have to get Lancashire and Yorkshire sorted out accurate. They are neighbors and thus at war. Derbyshire does not separate them.

All a bit confusing in general but the technical art side looks good.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 08-08-2008 at 05:51 PM.

In terms of the geography I repeat what Redrobes said. Are the white dots meant to represent any places in particular?

I think the North on your compass is a little more west than it should be.

Stylewise, I really like the feel!

its for conquerclub.com .... its a online RISK site... the white circles are were the armys would go if you are playing a game of RISK... I messed with the geography for gameplay reasons only... but thank you for the compliments....

finally! what ive been looking for for over an hour thx!!!!