Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elzevir - Geopolitics

Map Elzevir - Geopolitics

This is a map in a RPG setting of my own creation. It's an uchronic world where no world war happened, but in a state of cold war (with a lot more than just two identified sides) and competition for colonial ressources.

I came back to my old passion for the dymaxion projection and I wanted to use all the new things I've learned lately. As usual, the help of the guild has been precious !

Hope you'll like it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elzevir Geopolitics.jpg 
Views:	2505 
Size:	2.04 MB 
ID:	63753

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Great stuff! Unfortunately can't rep you atm

Thanks a lot everyone, I'm pretty satisfied with this one !

Great map. I iust would like to know something more about this uchronia (even a bit more of what you shared on the wip thread )!

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Absolutely brilliant map!

A beautiful map -- but why is Burma completely displaced to southeast from where it should be

Thanks a lot! I'm glad you like it!

@Ghostman : you're right (and not the first one to point it out ). As I answered in the WIP, the eastern part of the Indian League of Travancore is composed of two territories "rightly" called upper and lower burma. But the whole region is called "Burma" (even the more "Siam" that took the name Burma) by its inhabitants.

As requested by fabio, a complement on the background...
    Well, I didn't really built a "realistic" uchronia and didn't bothered with a complete and logical timeline.

But, the main elements are probably the following. In 1839, a meteor enter the atmosphere and breaks in multiple elements. The biggest fell on england and destroyed a large part of the Midlands. A lot of "small fragments" fell on the rest of the britanic isles. Other rocks and a rain of "small fragments" fell on different locations around the world.

In this regions, a strange and fantastic mist appears, and the meteors brought a radioactive substance called promethium (as well as "eurydyme" and "betylium").
    As a result, the British Empire collapsed, and a lot of refugees became part of the French Republic, of the Vesterhaven Concordat or the American Alliance. French Republic and Vesterhaven Concordat seized the major part of the british colonies, India became independant.

Later, in 1898, a mysterious scientist announced by radio that he built portals inside the Mist regions, and that portals directly leads to other portals in Mist regions on the Moon, Mars and Venus (all mysterious and inhabitable).
    There is a competition for the new colonies since then.

It's a world where technology evolved differently. There are new human species caused by radiations, drugs epidemics (red rust and green rust on Mars and Venus) or experiences made possible by some stranges substances of the Mist. Biology and other technologies are in advance. On the contrary, television still doesn't exist, no more than rockets or a clear idea of a computer.

And there are probably much more to say... but, I think it's a bit clearer, yes?
    Last edited by Ilanthar; 05-05-2014 at 11:54 AM. Reason: bad english and addngs

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

One of the most awesome maps lately. I strongly recommedate this for a CGC Award.

Thank you very much Schwarzkreuz!

I have to say that I'm quite proud of this one

As you should be Ilanthar, it's fantastic work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast