Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wizard's Ring

Wip Wizard's Ring

Here's my latest idea... a tall, towering spire crafted from solid black stone (obsidian?) with no discernible entrances. Entrance into the tower is through a secret door that quickly reveals that the interior of the tower is in its own pocket dimension (in other words, it is bigger on the inside than the outside). Who or what calls this tower home is unknown (at least to the PCs ).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wizards_ring001.jpg 
Views:	1006 
Size:	350.8 KB 
ID:	5791   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wizards_ring001grey.jpg 
Views:	4684 
Size:	313.1 KB 
ID:	5792  
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Or Howl's Moving Castle...

Did I mention that the evil Wizard who owns this tower is really the Master in disguise.
    Cheers,
    Tim

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Does he have badly designed iron golems rolling around screeching EXTERMINATE!!!!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Heh - I am starting to think I should keep my thoughts in my head !!!

I have an interesting image for you. I did a castle based on an image which is entitled "Obsidian Castle" so ill get you that link as it might make for a great backdrop to the shape of it. Your brief description sounded like it could fit. I also put in a lot of magic into this castle and had no door. Strange huh ?

http://www.rodneymatthews.com/elric5.htm

A Fabulous pic. I still love it even now.

Edit -- In fact I have already scanned in the maps and text from the old days. I could give you my version as a zip if you like...
    Edit2 -- but theres a lot missing it seems - ah well.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 08-08-2008 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    I have an interesting image for you. I did a castle based on an image which is entitled "Obsidian Castle" so ill get you that link as it might make for a great backdrop to the shape of it. Your brief description sounded like it could fit. I also put in a lot of magic into this castle and had no door. Strange huh ?

http://www.rodneymatthews.com/elric5.htm

A Fabulous pic. I still love it even now.
    Very nice pic indeed! Not exactly what I was thinking of but still a very nice piece of work. I was originally thinking if a thin, crooked sharp needle-like spire/tower (sort of how the top of a wizard's hat is usually drawn if that makes sense). I also like the idea of no features on the outside of the tower. I picture it with an almost Cthulhu-like/Other-worldly feel. I went with the tower idea to contrast it with the ring shaped interior. Course I might drop the tower idea and just go with the ring shape by itself. I need to work on a few more maps and then work out the rest of the details.

Edit -- In fact I have already scanned in the maps and text from the old days. I could give you my version as a zip if you like...
    Edit2 -- but theres a lot missing it seems - ah well.
    I wouldn't mind seeing them. My email should be listed on my user profile.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Little OT here (sorry Turgenev)...

Love Rodney Matthews art, first I ever saw was on the cover of the Magnum Album - Chase The Dragon. In fact I was just looking at his site this morning, but I didn't see the "Chase" artwork.

...Aha found a link to it here

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Did a T for a Magnum fan once - check out this photo and the other T I did along side... heh heh going back a bit those are.

Here's the 2nd level of the tower. Rooms 13, 22, and 29a have balconies that are open to the interior garden below. Curtains hang between the pillars on these balconies. Room 27 has illusionary walls. Stairs in the secret room 36 go up to the third level.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wizards_ring002.jpg 
Views:	496 
Size:	330.7 KB 
ID:	5809   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wizards_ring002grey.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	293.3 KB 
ID:	5810  
    Last edited by Turgenev; 08-09-2008 at 04:29 PM.
    Cheers,
    Tim

This is really looking pretty cool, any decision on what the outside looks like yet?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast