Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need inspiration

That sounds nice...i like the wind-story, very mythical Hope to see more...

And can you tell us what is written in the map? The longer text-passages? Is this swedish?

Cheers
    Eilathen
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by Eliathen
    Is this swedish?
    Indeed!

I have been travelling for some time, and have neither had the time nor the energy to continue with this project. However, the abstinence is getting a bit serious, so decided to start with it anyway.

Since I dont have my notes here, I will work on the western area of the world (having decided that the eastern part wasnt how I wanted it), so I need to create a map for that. The computer I use is not very impressive, so will be forced to continue with Paint, as before . Instead, I will focus on the history and backstory.

Part I - Trapped Gods
    When the Amalek entered into this world, they were like gods, and gods they became. Each of them creating realms of their own, they pushed away or exterminated the natural spirits of the land. One of these spirits, the Matron or Earth Mother, was sacrificed, her blood used in a ritual that created a barrier between the world and the multiverse, effectively protecting the Amalek from the persecuting Titans.

With dominion established, these gods extended their control over all the continents, harnessing the energy of all living things. Humans were discovered and with the creative minds of this new race, the Amalek realized the great amount of power that could be extracted from their worship. Organizing and dominating these primitive tribes was an easy task and the Amalek quickly became the focus of their superstitions and beliefs.

With the humans under their grasp, the Amalek thrived and grew in strength. With their aid, great monuments were built to the glory of the gods, strongholds and palaces created for their comfort, even the lay of the land restructured to suit the tastes of these supernatural beings.

Yet the nature of the Amalek betrayed a profound flaw in their existence on this world. Proud and arrogant, although their numbers had dwindled over the past millennia, they were still prone to quarrels and suspicion. Thus, after some time, through deceit, murder and treachery, only half their number remained.

While the mental characteristics of the Amalek being one point, there was still another, far more lethal. With air being the source of life of their human slaves, the Amalek needed pure energy in order to survive. It was this characteristic that forced them to move from world to world and it was this which had prompted the pogroms of the Titans that currently occupied the Throne of the multiverse. Since they had created a barrier between this world and the outside, they were trapped. As if by a slow asphyxiation, they faded away, consuming the life energy of their surroundings. They left behind a world completely changed, devoid of power of magic and a race that had become accustomed to domination and divine rule.
    A map will be forthcoming in a week roundabouts.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Interesting back story...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome back, Mulliman.

So i was right about the language Can you translate what you have written on the map?

Looking forward to the updated map.

And have some rep *casting a blue-into-green rep-spell*
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

I am back again, moaha!

Removed alot, redid alot and started to realize where I want to take this.

I also started a wiki for the history of the world, which quickly turned really big (even though Ive only copied a few of the billion notes I have for the world). But I cant show that yet since the presentation is really crude .

But anyway, here is the world as it currently looks. I left the notes in just because.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arka Tesia CG.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	726.5 KB 
ID:	13327  

It's sooo nice. I just wish it was in english
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Looks outstanding so far.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    It's sooo nice. I just wish it was in english
    One of the paragraphs is (the Styrashi?)
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Hallo!

Well, now Im finally done with the Western Lands. They are called Aaroch and Knerdes (in the south and north respectively). These lands are very humid and warm, with a distinct culture and religion, quite different from that of the Eastern Lands of Euvkostir and Rash Zarh.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aaroch + Knerdes CG.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	166.5 KB 
ID:	15069   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aaroch + Knerdes Namn CG.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	180.1 KB 
ID:	15070  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I like this look, very professional.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast