Thread: Continental Map for RPG World

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default Continental Map for RPG World

Several years ago, I created a world in my head that, over time, has expanded into a dream for an RPG setting. My end goal is to actually create the game as something others can play, and possibly get me some money, but as I lack the resources that doesn't seem likely. As such, this is currently an unpaid project, with the possibility of getting paid if I ever manage to get the game actually making money so I have something to pay WITH.

That said, what I need is a map of the continent of Cathorius. In my original plans, Cathorius is a primarily desert continent, but as I have poor geographic knowledge, I'm open to artist interpretation to create more logical geographic features. The core elements of Cathorius are it is a dead continent, with life struggling to survive due to large areas known as "dead zones", where life refuses to grow due to a complete lack of Magic in the area. As a main theme for Alterra (the name of the planet itself, and the setting), the entire world is saturated with magic, and areas lacking that magic are practically dead. This magic originated from a powerful wave that erupted from the center of Cathorius at the height of the final battle of a war roughly 1000 years ago, leaving a massive crack in the center of the continent known as the Devil's Scar (it would look like the earth was cut by an oversided blade), stretching for over a hundred miles between ends, with several miles between the sides. Around the Devil's Scar is the remains of the capital city of Cathorius.

Cathorius is a prison continent, used for the banishment of those who commit significant crimes. There are no major settlements on the continent, but there are several "villages" where the criminals have gathered together to survive.

I'm open to suggestions on improvements to the details beyond this, as long as these features are kept.

The style of map below is similar to what I'm looking for.

You can contact me at adran06@gmail.com

Thank you in advance.

... So apparently something is bugging when I try to edit, so I'll just post this in a second post since I forgot to include it: The actual shape of the continent isn't really something I've figured out, so feel free to take creative license with that part.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected rpgmapmaker's Avatar

I have e-mailed the poster and it looks like I will be giving this one a once over :-)

-RPGMM
    @BHfuturist Check out my Video Tutorials & Vault of Free Map Elements
    Unless otherwise stated in the post, all of my artwork is released into the Public Domain.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

I wouldnt throw out maps for free, but thats your decision.

The map will be paid for if I ever get money to pay for it. I don't have the income to be able to afford it if this project doesn't work out.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Sure, just not many people can afford to rely on maybe-results.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected rpgmapmaker's Avatar

I am willing to take risks, once in awhile :-)

There is a reason I post free map elements. It is more for my portfolio and it helps the community.

Also, if I help enough people chase their dreams... karma dictates that it will come back to me when I start chasing mine.

-RPGMM
    Last edited by rpgmapmaker; 05-11-2014 at 09:44 PM.