Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [Award Winner] Battlemaps in Photoshop

Looks great! A little darkening near the base of your cliffs wouldn't go astray. I think the blending you did with the rocks looks a really great on the right side and the left would look better with the same blending. triangular shadows next to the crenelations (on top of the wall) will help show their height over the wall, though the shadows on the sand already give that information. The more important part is that you did great digesting the techniques so you can use them for your own nefarious ends.

Thanks for the tips! Ah yea i missed the triangles at the sides of the wall thingies!

Been a long-time user of Dundjinni and I was sick of not being able to do everything I wanted on my maps. Finally got Photoshop, and it's not super user-friendly, imo. This tutorial, though, is so awesome and I feel like I now have a lot of little techniques under my belt to help with map making. So, thanks so much for taking the time to put this together!

Here's what I was FINALLY able to finish.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	battlemap tutorial.png 
Views:	190 
Size:	2.26 MB 
ID:	77154

Nicely done! Photoshop was made by an alien race who studied human only from afar before making it. Hope the ability to produce your own encounter maps adds to your gaming fun.

Any chance you have a PDF version of the tutorial you made to start this thread? I just find it easier to use a PDF file then try to read it all on here. Just a thought.

No I'm afraid I've never messed with PDFs much, would probably be a good thing to have though.

Blog Entries

the FREE GPL office program
    "LibreOffice 5.0.3 "
    https://www.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fresh/

can save a document as a PDF
    --- 90 seconds to Midnight ---
    --------

--- Penguin power!!! ---

A friend just pointed me toward this post to learn some basics on mapping. I joined CG specifically so I could share what came out of reading through your instructions. Here's my attempt at part 1 of your tutorial. Not bad for a first attempt, and all thanks to excellent instructions. Thank you!!! (FYI, I used GIMP for this image.)

I'll have to poke around here and see what else I can learn, and hopefully even contribute back at some point down the road.

Nice work, MrSpiffy. And welcome to the Guild.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Oops I missed this one. Great job! I particularly like how your walls turned out.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast