Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: [Award Winner] Battlemaps in Photoshop

@Avengeil I was hoping someone more knowledgeable in gimp would give you advice, I'm not really certain myself.

@ ajb47 Sorry I missed your question. Aside form finding elements others have posted, you could try to make a more fern edged brush and see if that helps. My method really only works well for fuzzy brush and scrub. You look like you have something good going with the texture you've chosen at very least, you could even choose that texture as as the "texture" under the bevel/emboss option and make those leaves look more shaded.

@ Moonblade You're most welcome, that looks like it will add a lot to your game experience!

Great to see people using the tutorial, love seeing the results.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elven Barrows.jpg 
Views:	378 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	69918 Thanks for the great tutorial.

Played around with your tutorial and came up with this for some elven barrows.

Cheers
    Tanc

Thanks for sharing its fun to see what folks come up with from it. I especial like central pond with the rock in it, nice texture choice for your beach and good shadows.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected
    Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, Dominican Republic
    Blog Entries

Can you make this tutorial as a video tutorial, that would be nice like that people can see the steps that you are doing.

THANK yOU.

My technical skills are far below the ability to record myself, and the thought of doing so terrifies me. There are some excellent video tutorials on Photoshop basics out there though that are a good place to start.

Thank you for posting this, Madcow. It helped me so much. I just finished making my first map ever thanks to your tutorial.

The map that I'm making doesn't really match the tutorial so I removed it, but this is a great head start.
    Last edited by Pmumble; 01-14-2015 at 08:21 AM. Reason: reduce image size

Great! I tend to follow the techniques suggested in tutorials without giving much mind to other suggests myself so I can relate.

It wasn't so much that as much as a dire urgency. I needed a campaign map ready for a game right away and I turned to your tutorial to learn how, even though it's a post-apocalyptic office building. Most of the techniques I've used I got from your tutorial and slightly modified (I turned your pebble brush into a blood drop brush and a broken glass brush). But then I started doing some things that weren't in the tutorial (vector shapes, blurred the bottom level) so I wasn't sure if I should post it and derail the thread.

.. and then my game was canceled so I still have a week to work on the maps so they're still in progress. There are 36 total floors to explore, but I'm only making 6 total. Such a long way to go, but so thankful for all the help here so I can slowly learn.

Here's level 8 of the left tower so far (exported at half the res). My lighting sucks, still trying to figure out how to do that well. I'm just a beginner at artistry and photoshop so it's slow going. I haven't found a ton of toppled office building tables/chairs so still pretty empty inside.

Name:	Eannatum's-Hold-Level-A8-100px.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	3.81 MB 
ID:	70220
    Last edited by Pmumble; 01-17-2015 at 05:09 PM. Reason: updated pic

Excellent use of things! I don't think anything related to battlemaps or the tutorial can be off topic. I love the little tutorial wdmartin posted on page two and have adopted it to several other things since.

Name:	city wall.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	73867

Hey Madcowchef! Here is my result using your tutorial! Any tips?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast