Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hand-Drawn Kingdom Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hand-Drawn Kingdom Map

Its time I start one of my needed projects for my third map tutorials guide book, a nice regional map. I'm starting by creating 15 - 20 city/location symbols as mini illustrations of important buildings at each community or site. Instead of dots, stars or repeated standard city symbols, each location will be unique.

I've created the first three: a tor ruin, a walled manor, and a small castle.

I'm trying to create hand-drawings a bit better than my usual scribbles. I hope you like it.

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	regional-symbols.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	130.3 KB 
ID:	63919
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

I've always like the idea of using mini drawing to represent settlements on regional maps, good work! Interested in seeing more like this in future.

One more symbol for now - a wizard's tower...

Name:	wiz-tower.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	207.6 KB 
ID:	63926
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Next update - a tavern/inn (I'm keeping them together, until complete).

GP

Name:	regional-symbols.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	122.7 KB 
ID:	63935
    DrivethruRPG store

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

The different perspective used on the inn and the other element doesn't seem consistent and will probably look odd when using on a map

I may do that. I looked at a different perspective on the inn, but the roof is so steep, the difference is hardly noticeable... Anyway, created a few more: a wharf, small cathedral, towered bridge, lighthouse and a monastery (though the cathedral looks like it needs a heavier use of pen, so I'll do that now.)

GP

Name:	medieval-hand-drawn.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	246.5 KB 
ID:	63966
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 05-11-2014 at 05:01 PM.
    DrivethruRPG store

Guild Novice

[QUOTE=Gamerprinter;244898]I may do that. I looked at a different perspective on the inn, but the roof is so steep, the difference is hardly noticeable... Anyway, created a few more: a wharf, small cathedral, towered bridge, lighthouse and a monastery (though the cathedral looks like it needs a heavier use of pen, so I'll do that now.)
    Gameprinter these are so adorable! Really neat touches for a map!

Thank you for sharing

Guild Novice

Looking great. Excited to try it out!

The next update, last for tonight. Added a cave entrance, a henge circle, barbarian village (Celtic), and an elven arboreal community.

Name:	medieval-hand-drawn.jpg 
Views:	858 
Size:	381.1 KB 
ID:	63974
    DrivethruRPG store

Next one added. I was busy writing for the guides and didn't get more done on symbols. Next grouping...

Name:	more-icons.jpg 
Views:	416 
Size:	450.2 KB 
ID:	64002
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast