Thread: Map for fantasy novel

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Map for fantasy novel

Hi everyone!

I’m currently in the process of editing my novel, and I would love to have a nice-looking map for it. I do have a clumsy and overly colourful map I made in Paint, but a more serious one would be fantastic. I’ll attach the Paint map (but please ignore the red numbers – they’re outdated and unnecessary).

The story has a bit of a renaissance/steampunk setting, although more of the former than of the latter, and is quite dark and mature, with a focus on psychological/sociological themes, apart from the obvious threat to the world. I’m looking for a greyscale map without too many fancy details (a clockwork compass would be a bit too much, for example, although an icon of one would be cool) but with clearly identifiable terrain types, à la the maps of LotR or Daniel Reeve’s Narnia maps. Small landscape additions (irregular coastlines and such) are also welcome.

Quality and size: semi-professional, required for print, size around twice the Paint map.

Time frame: three months (until 31 August). If you can’t make that deadline but would like to make the map, please still feel free to contact me!

I would like reproduction rights to the map, but the artist will retain copyright of the map.

Payment: I'm obviously new to this, so state your price. I'm a student, though, so my budget isn't tremendous.

Contact details:
    treus90-at-gmail-.-com
    (remove ‘-’s and convert ‘at’ to ‘@’)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map of the World.bmp 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	63959  
    Last edited by TimReus; 05-11-2014 at 08:35 AM.