Thread: Greetings

Guild Applicant

Post Greetings

Although I spent 40 years as a town planner (urban planner for the US majority), I never once got to a plan a town in my professional career! I rarely got to draw anything worthwhile at all - spent most of my time writing up reports on planning applications or chasing people who did not bother (usually did not know they had to) get permission.

However, I was introduced to D&D at a very early stage (early 80s, when the red and blue books were first introduced to the UK) and started designing my own towns because I found those in the TSR books of the day largely unconvincing - some notable exceptions, of course. The same is true of building plans. I have often idly wondered if there was anywhere I could post my maps on the web in case anyone else wanted to use them. Mentioned it to my son today and he used his favourite search engine and came up with this site.

Now, having seen the quality of the front page maps, I need to look deeper into your archives to see if I dare post my poor offerings!

Gudred (Warrior and Cook) - one of my earliest characters and my favoured avatar

Howdy, and welcome to the guild. There is all levels of skill here and it sounds like you have some wonderful expert knowledge to lend to others. I'm more than certain if you desire to improve your maps you can find all the help you need to take your strong planning elements and add some artistic finish to them as well.

Welcome to the Guild. It is cool when your profession crosses over into your hobby.

Hi! I would also be interested in the description and adventure that goes with the maps. I'm a complete noob so it may be my bad but so far I only see finished maps, sometimes with a legend but never with an explanation...

Welcome. This is the place to be if you want to get great ideas for mapping. Enjoy.