Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Westeros

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Default Westeros

A commission I just finished for a friend of mine. The paper texture might be a bit busy but that's what she wanted. I've attached the flat image below the final.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	westeros final small.jpg 
Views:	503 
Size:	3.15 MB 
ID:	64056 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	westeros small.jpg 
Views:	564 
Size:	3.82 MB 
ID:	64055

Lovely work vorropohaiah! I don't think the paper texture is too busy at all. I do think the forests are a bit sparse, but that aside I'd say it's an excellent map.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Nice looking map!

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Really nice! I actually think the labels are a little difficult to read though, because they are so small. But esthetically, it's awesome. The texture is great, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lingon View Post
    Really nice! I actually think the labels are a little difficult to read though, because they are so small. But esthetically, it's awesome. The texture is great, in my opinion.
    the uploaded maps are at 72dpi, whereas the original is 300

OK, plus one to the few excellent maps of Westeros! Very fine map vorropohaiah. I actually like the aging provided by the paper : the only default about it is that it tears apart the four emblems.

A lot of Westeros maps out there

While the map shows how talented you are in map-making, Vorro, i do think that the forests and mountain ranges are a bit sparse. For my taste, you could have unlocked even more flavour out of this bad boy.

I hope we'll soon see progress on your big project?! Elyden is still one of the most fascinating projects here on the Guild, imo.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    the only default about it is that it tears apart the four emblems.
    thanks, and very true about the emblems - one of the reasons i added the original image! i know a lot of people arent fans of bevel/emboss effects though i like them myself (so sue me!)

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    i do think that the forests and mountain ranges are a bit sparse. For my taste, you could have unlocked even more flavour out of this bad boy.
    true. honestly, i'm not that well-versed in the world (the books I read once each as they came out, though im pretty hooked on the show, though i can barely name all the houses) and didnt have much time to research the mountains and, as i didnt know whats meant to be dense mountains and hills, i just had a quick lok at some other maps i found online and went from there

I hope we'll soon see progress on your big project?! Elyden is still one of the most fascinating projects here on the Guild, imo.
    Thanks! me too :p The atlas, as a project is on hold for a while though the larger world map is more likely to have something done to it soon(ish).

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Looks classical again, but no surprised from you

Keep on. And, well, Iw ant to see new mountains from you!

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vorropohaiah View Post
    the uploaded maps are at 72dpi, whereas the original is 300
    That makes them easier to read of course, but I still think they are too small compared to the detail level of the map… I mean, everything else looks perfect at this size, but would become oversized if zoomed in enough to make the text a comfortable size. It's a beautiful map, I just think there's a size mismatch between the labels and the other elements.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast