Thread: The Four Happy Carpet Orcs Win Freedom of the Guild!

Post The Four Happy Carpet Orcs Win Freedom of the Guild!

For services rendered to the Guild in the construction of Snapgallows for the CWBP, the Cartographers' Guild had the pleasure of presenting to Lizzy (BumbleMouse, 13), Race (Raith Eliathy, 9), Roy (Ol' Horsehair, 7), and Lena Marie (Lemur, 3) the Freedom of the Guild Award.

Certificates were drawn up and despatched together with a deed of rights and obligations.

We thank Lizzy, Race, Roy and Lena Marie for all of their hard work and wish them well as future cartographers! Special thanks also to Seerblue who has acted as their guide, philosopher and friend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	awards copy.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	697.0 KB 
ID:	5835   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cover letter.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	2.34 MB 
ID:	5839  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Very cool...and well deserved.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

May all of thine paths be downhill (until such time as ye develop blisters upon thine tootsies...then may an inn be close at hand). May all of thine cups be filled with chocolate milk and may all of thine pens be well inked. Finally, may the light of creation always shine within thee and may ye be ever eager to start the adventure anew down untrodden paths. Congratulations and may the angels keep ye safe.

--The Ascension--
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Booyah!

Congrats and welcome!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It has been a true honor to have their work here on the site, and it pleases me greatly to know that these four youngsters are well on their way to becoming true journeymen of the cartographic arts. We hope this encourages them to continue their love of the art!
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

We thank everyone for their words of encouragement and booyahs, smiles all around for each of you.
    Soon the FHCO will be returning to school where they will have much to say of the CartoGraphers' Guild and the CWBP, and show, as well, in a nicely printed pdf and on a new communal laptop (once they agree on a color, thank you, Dell, for all the choices, but where is polka dots?) which will be loaded for bear as far as creativity, cartography, and tells are concerned.
    Thank you, all, very much
    SeerBlue, Bumblemouse, Raith, Ol' Horsehair, Lemur
    SeerBlue is me, but more importantly the Four Happy Carpet Orcs +2 (FHCO +2) are Lizzy (BumbleMouse, 16), Race (Raith Eliathy, 11), Roy (Ol' Horsehair, 9), and Lena Marie (Lemur, 6) Kimi (Whurm,2), and Sachiko (MoMo,1)
    All creative inspiration is theirs, from characters to maps to tells, I only fill in the details.

Heyyyy! Hail to the Four Happy Carpet Orcs. Your work is very highly regarded in distant lands. Monks bows to you.

monks

ps, you've read me, you've heard me, and now you can see me here...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=262625983

Hey Monks, hello and a deep bow, I just visited your page, the song Scruples, is great, really loved it (listened a good dozen times)

"I was a loner, in my neighborhood, now I'm a Soldier, digging in my Lines".

(I hope I got that right).
    Fantastic lyrics, very visual when you sit back and listen....I tend to think scenes when I listen to music, which is odd because I am not a music video fan, so the first time through I got a little tyke some where in Stoke Ash, playing off on his own, who grows up to be a Soldier in the 2 Para off in the waste of 'ghanistan,,,, digging in his lines,,,,cigarette papers and sleeping bags stuffed with bodies being left behind....

Anywho, great song, very great song.
    right in my genre as I grew up on a mix of Sons of the Republic, Yello, and Pink Floyd...making for a rather wide genre.. kudo's to all involved,,,any chance of getting a copy of it?

Well, I have been deep into Medieval English, Anglo-Saxon, Norman, and so on, history....I have picked up a good bit of Latin, understand the idiosyncrasies of the British Library, know why Feet of Fines is called such, and can list hundreds of surnames from Suffolk and Norfolk in the 12th and 13th century.....and still have not found which John ( as in Blogate) fathered which son,,,way back when. Stoke Ash mentioned above comes from all this research, just one of the scores of towns and villages I have looked into.

Anyway, kudo's to all involved in the music,
    SeerBlue
    SeerBlue is me, but more importantly the Four Happy Carpet Orcs +2 (FHCO +2) are Lizzy (BumbleMouse, 16), Race (Raith Eliathy, 11), Roy (Ol' Horsehair, 9), and Lena Marie (Lemur, 6) Kimi (Whurm,2), and Sachiko (MoMo,1)
    All creative inspiration is theirs, from characters to maps to tells, I only fill in the details.

oh cool haha! Yeh, my duetting partner is an ex Fuselier. He wrote the verse and I came up with the chorus. He was dead sure that all soldiers would like that song...so far he's right lol

Yello and Pink Floyd..? Good taste!!

'Feet of fines'? I was wondering whether 'feet' has any shared derivation with 'featly' - as in 'foot it featly here and there' from Shakespeare's Temperst...hmm, just pondering.
    Reminds me of 'diet of worms'
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diet_of_Worms

about the only thing I remember from school history lessons lol

monks

well, let me educate you, being that I am no more than a colonial, albeit of Anglo, Norman, Irish, and Welsh descent...Feet of Fines is called such because way back in the era of writing legal documents out by hand (can you imagine), with an inkpot and Quill ( whoa, crazy, ain't it) a single piece of parchment would be used. On it the same information would be written three times, the upper portion had 2 columns, where the "text" was written twice, once for each party concerned, and at the bottom, or the foot, of the parchment it was written again across the width of the parchment.
    Then the parchment was cut in three, each party got a column, and the foot of the document was placed on file somewhere, perhaps a church or priory, so those became known as the "feet of fines".
    Then if there was any dispute, all three pieces could be placed together to see if they matched the cut lines...
    Back then the common way to transfer land was to have a sham court case, hence a lot of the old records say "Blogate v. Suddene and such.
    At first I thought, "Dang these old Suffolk folks sure where in court alot", but it was a way of getting property transfers recorded and not a real court case.

I have a copy of an ancestors "indenture to apprenticeship" document, and it has the added "security feature of hash marks across the cut lines...line them up and all three parts of the document are original.
    It really is a crazy document, as it covered everything from profanity to kissing.....

Of course that was much more sensible than some of the other things my ancestors got up to, concerning paper, once they got to the states... I have a few very old letters which suffer from the extreme conservation of paper affliction called "cross writing"...first you write across the paper as you normally would, then if you have not written all that you want, you turn the paper sideways and continue on...try that with email.

SeerBlue