Thread: Im new and planning to use gimp. any paper textures and brushes i could use?

Question Im new and planning to use gimp. any paper textures and brushes i could use?

I also own a bamboo tablet is it worth using?

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wodloo View Post
    I also own a bamboo tablet is it worth using?
    The correct answer here is: depends.

On what you plan to create. On your drawing skill levels. On how easily you can find your way around Gimp.

I'm mainly using Photoshop these days, but I've found that at my level of proficiency/skill using a tablet offered no great improvements in quality or versatility. What I can draw I can just as well draw using a mouse at the moment.

Regarding textures: Set up an account here. It's free and has literally thousands of textures. Deviantart is a nice place to search for brushes.

You might look up Torstan, one of the members here as he posted a lot of tutorials and help on using Gimp. It got me rolling way back when but currently I've moved to Photoshop. I purchased the monthly membership so it's like 20 bucks a month to always have the latest. Gimp is awesome though and you can do great things with it so enjoy the journey.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt