Thread: The Continent of Maceon - Commission

Default The Continent of Maceon - Commission

Heya Everyone. This map was commissioned by writer Ryan McCall for his fantasy novel.

The map is digital drawn in Photoshop. The map symbols I drew in a program called manga studio. The pen tools that program has to offer are really cool and very life-like.

This map was a lot of fun to work on and in the end the client was very happy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maceon map smaller.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	2.95 MB 
ID:	64098  
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

My Albums - My Portfolio

All in all a nice map! Have a Like!

Two things that i have "problems" with:

1) If this is continent scale, i am not sure i buy the element-scale in comparison (like mountains and forests).
    2) The mountain-ranges are not convincing for me...it looks more like rows of single mountains.

Now keep in mind that those two points are nitpick stuff
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

I really like this map! I like the style, I love the forests, the mountains I like okay, but what I really like is the town/city icons. Because I like the town/city icons so much it makes me really sad that the ruins are just three little dots, it seems a little lazy to do that.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

I kind of agree with Eilathen about element scaling but that's a nice map. I especially like the legibility and the clear labeling/icons work.

As I am not a big fan of the land shape, the mountains and forests are just excellent! And I kinda like the grey levels now, so, fine map!

Nice work! I buy the scale and shape of the mountains - they state very clearly the message of "you shall not pass!", or if McCall intends to put a railway across them, the effort will be deserving of a tale! It wouldn't work as well blown up to wall-map size, but it's expressly a book map, and whether on paper or Kindle, you only have so many square cm of output to work with.

If he has three other continents and four other books in the trilogy :-), maybe you'll have other uses to put those nice Manga Studio symbols to.