Thread: Maps/Layouts for a country and cities?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Default Maps/Layouts for a country and cities?

Hi! I'm new to the cartographersguild and i'd like to make a request if I may. I'm a high school student currently working on a novel. After getting 23000 words deep I realised maps would benefit me a lot so here I am. I realise that, as I cannot pay anyone for their work, I am in no position to be demanding. Rather I make a plea for aid with the people of this community.

Project Scope:
    Novel being developed in a high school creative writing class. (I can detail you more on the lore later)

Setting:
    Fictional country called Anes.

Design Concept:
    Standard street maps of the citie/towns, overhead map of the country.

Number of maps:
    Various, at least;
    One of the entire country
    One of each main city
    Perhaps, One per town.
    The number of cities is not distinct yet, besides for two i'm positive will remain in the novel.

Technical:
    Color would be appreciated. No choice on style thus far as i'm unaware of the various styles.

Copyright:
    Remains with cartographer.
    Anything other than that needs to be discussed with said cartographer. I'm unsure whether I intend to print maps in the book or simply have copy's for my reference for ease in writing and descriptions.

Deadline:
    None, free work, I refuse to constrain someone willing to help me for free

If interested please contact me at: LifesLittleBundle-at-gmail.com (replace "-at-" with "@")

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
    Last edited by Kaisen Barnes; 05-15-2014 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Make myself more understandable