Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Small village near a river in a hilly landscape

Default Small village near a river in a hilly landscape

Hi folks! This is a map i made for my work (i'm a cartographer in urbanism) hope you'll like it. The map was realised in qgis, photoshop and illustrator.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	STSav-final.jpg 
Views:	641 
Size:	3.75 MB 
ID:	64104
    as usual i'll enjoy some feedbacks critics or rep

Wonderful. I am now officially your fan!

I love the style of your work. You have something really great. If I had one (tiny) crit it would be to make the grass texture a bit smaller. It looks great zoomed out but at full scale it looks a little big. There is a really great natural looking grass texture here: Spiral Graphics - Free Seamless Lush Terrain Textures

look for the texture called: Just add bison

Very nicely done! Looks very much like a realistic top-down view of an actual village. Kudos. Sorry, it looks like I can't rep you just yet.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks guys, that's really a pleasant feeling to know a map is appreciated! Finding a good balance with the texture size so that they look good at all scales has always been difficult for me, that is really a big challenge to find the perfect texture, the website you just pointed seems like a gold mine, they'll probably be useful soon I was trying to do my own seamless texture but having a perfect result is damn hard. For the feeling of an actual village, the use of gis data is really helpfull as the placements of roads and buildings is the "real" one. They just need to be reworked so that they feel more natural, particularly forests.
    Last edited by Francissimo; 05-15-2014 at 06:03 PM.

I can't say I'm surprised by this excellent map (Vals of Saintonge? ). You confirm here that you have a unique style of your own imo.
    Well done!

Thanks for the feedbacks guys, i really appreciate! Since i joined this community i feel a renewall in my cartography style, seeing other cartographers work with a focus on aesthetic is so stimulating when you come from the GIS world.
    And yep Ilanthar that's still vals of saintonge, we have 112 towns on the territory so there's a lot of possible place to map.

Really good. The POI markers reminds me of The Sims or Sim City, but fit very well into the style.
    Sorry, can't rep you yet

Looking at this map makes me want to live there. c'est tres bon. je l'aime!
    Our sense of the stability of the earth is an illusion due to the shortness of our lives.
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Wow, nice work. I dont know the software beside PS. How does that work?
    Last edited by - Max -; 05-17-2014 at 07:07 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast