Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello All - Slyfox

Blog Entries

Default Hello All - Slyfox

Hello all,

I am very excited to have joined here. Although I do not know exactly how everything works here just yet I seemed to have at least figured out my personal information. That's always a good start right?

Anyways, I am a student from Rhode Island, US, interested in cartography (clearly) and am both a novice writer as well as new to digital cartography. I am also skilled in the arts which have helped me to further my maps physically which I have done for over 10 years now. Studying cartography online has helped, however, I never could get my digital capabilities to the same level.

In my writing career, which has only spanned a few years, I have been able to use my basic skills of cartography to flesh out my worlds (fantasy) and have been able to successfully complete one short story, 2/3 of one book as well as 2/3 of another short story.

My goals on joining this forum is to make some friends with similar interests as well as to become at least semi-successful in digital cartography as well as to further my physical drawings.

I look forward to working with you all and getting to know you better.

P.S. : Any help and criticisms are welcomed.

Sincerely, Slyfox

Welcome to the guild Slyfox! Don't worry everyone here is very good at giving nice and helpful criticisms, if you wan't some helpful tips on digital mapmaking skills you should check out the tutorial section here. Have fun mapping!

Welcome to the guild! You've come to the right place to meet your goals. Nice name btw
    Our sense of the stability of the earth is an illusion due to the shortness of our lives.
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Blog Entries

Thanks all, and hey there Slylok, coincidence?

I look forward to having a great time, and thanks Domino44 for the suggestion.

Guild Journeyer

Advice?? ok....get the hell out of Rhode Island and don't look back

Blog Entries

Galendae, you cant possibly fathom how hard your reply made me laugh. You instantly made my mood 100x better.

Blog Entries

Your username gave me a bit of a double take. It's very similar to the one my mom uses (Not here at the guild but plenty of places elsewhere)

Blog Entries

I do have one question however, can I ask why I do "not have permission to make an album", or am I trying to do it wrong?

Edit* another thing I seem unable to do is to start making blogs. I have searched around for a solution to all of these problems, but I'm turning up blanks.
    Last edited by Slyfox; 05-17-2014 at 06:00 PM.

Blog Entries

I've gotten that from many people, most of the time I'm mistaken for Sly (Popular Youtuber who often goes by Slyfox). I do promise that I have been using this moniker for at least 10 years though. lol.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Slyfox: I believe it ties into the 5-post anti-spambot threshold. Now that's you've made 5 posts, I THINK you can create an album, make blog posts, PM, etc. Don't take that as gospel though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast