Thread: Map of Small Town or Large Village

Guild Apprentice

Post Map of Small Town or Large Village

I just did this today in about an hour. Got a lot of help from Pyrandons' tutorial. Let me know what you think...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rsew01.jpg 
Views:	1186 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	5847  
    Last edited by Vernon; 08-11-2008 at 03:00 AM.

Guild Applicant

I like everything except the river (the lake is okay). If the area is loaded with underground springs, then I guess the river is okay as well. If not, then I would ask "What is feeding all of those streams and the main river?" At this scale, I would have the main river continue off the bottom side of the map, and no streams (except maybe one coming from the left side forest).

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

For a quick map it's pretty durn good. My only "critiques" would be the roads (they look huge based on a assumed scale of the map in my head), and the river, just doesn't look quite right. But that is just my opinion and if that's what you intended, than it's all good.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I will have to agree with Steel. For a map that was completed in a hour, it's good. The river though looks as if it's floating on air and not embedded. Just a perspective issue. Great job otherwise.