Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *** May/June 2014 Challenge: MAP A PC STRONGHOLD ***

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Default *** May/June 2014 Challenge: MAP A PC STRONGHOLD ***

About a year ago (the first challenge I put together, I think) we had a Lite Challenge where you had to map the lair of a low-level monster, and we had some great entries. So I thought I'd revisit this idea, but change it up slightly. This time around, your challenge is to map the stronghold of a Player Character. It could be one of your own existing characters, the character of a friend/fellow gamer, or a character you've made up on the spot.

Genre doesn't matter; you could show a necromancer's tower, the sewer headquarters of a thieves' guild, a gunfighter's ranch, a cleric's temple, a Jedi sanctuary, whatever you want. Heck, if you're really ambitious, you map out a city for a PC that's become a petty tyrant or something. Be as creative as you want, but do try to personalize things a bit. The swampy temple of the leader of a cult of spider-worshipers would be fun to look at, but if you can map in some of the character's history to help tell a story, even better.

As per usual, the challenge will run until around the 14th of next month, after which there will be four days of voting. The winner gets a Silver Compass personally awarded by me. I know, I know, pretty amazing, right?

Please DO NOT forget to title each thread in this format: May/June 2014 Lite Challenge: < your title here >

Please DO NOT forget to preface each image with this tag: ### Latest WIP ### Otherwise, the thumbnail scraper won't be able to pick up your entry, and no one will be able to see it when voting time rolls around.

Great Idea, right up my alley! Hope I can find the time to do this one.

This will be my first entry - ever, which thread do I post to please? And is there any size limitations etc?

Edit - Holy crap, I joined 8 years ago - lol
    "No, the fat one says he can deal with his problem, then explodes....."

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Open a thread in the current lite challenge section and follow Diamond's instructions (see post above) for title and latest WIP tag.

My heart leapt a little, because there are any number of all-women's colleges out there, just ripe for the mapping. But it turns out that this is a "Player Character Stronghold" and not a "Politically Correct Stringhold"...

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Well... a lot of players are characters, and one might consider a women's college a stronghold of sorts...

No entries yet? I will try to post something, because I think the lite challenge concept is great, but it might take me some days.

I think your last month unfinished entry would perfectly fit to this month theme. And i really wish to see the finish version of that one,)

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Storytelling?? Mapping?? Oh I do wish I remembered how to do either of those things as this is most certainly up the younger and fitter versions of me's street. (Ouch that was a painful sentence.... ) Now where did I leave that Wand of Time Travel that I had been saving.....
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

I'm in a small dilemma, so I beg the community leaders for an advice.

I have an entry in the current May 2014 Challenge, but the voting hasn't begun yet. Being a sort of hyperactive this weeks, I would also like to make a submission for the May/June 2014 Lite Challenge; the idea is great, and the images of a map are already flashing in my mind... So, my question is: May I submit a WIP for this Lite Challenge, or should I pass it, to avoid creating confusion regarding the Guild's rules?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast