Thread: May 2014 Entry – The valleys of home

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Default May 2014 Entry – The valleys of home

Making a rather late entry here, but I'll try to finish
    So I've been thinking of mapping something from the perspective of an underwater species for some time, with a detailed ocean floor and completely featureless islands, like how we usually draw water quite blank on our land-perspective maps. I was originally thinking of making something quite modern, not really modern maybe but similar to my Antillia or Tartaros Basin maps (though I had the idea for the underwater map before I made those, so I don't know why I haven't gotten around to this yet!). That wouldn't quite fit the theme for this challenge, but something made in the early days of the same civilization might. An inscription in some hard material came to mind, like a shell from some weird fantasy sea animal. I don't know how to make carvings though, so I'll cheat and paint one

Honestly, I don't know if this is a good idea at all… It doesn't really look like a carving, it's obviously a picture of something that's supposed to be a carving… But if it's not totally worthless, I'll add some more stuff, like ocean floor forests

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	havsbotten.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	244.0 KB 
ID:	64305
    Last edited by Lingon; 05-21-2014 at 01:20 PM.