Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Having withdrawl symptoms-so I made a continent

Guild Novice

BTW - what scale are you going for on this map?

Thanks

JD

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Well the original is 5000 x 5000 with 1 pixel = 1 mile. The uploaded image is 4000 x 4000 so you could either do the math (something like 1 pixel = 1.25 miles) or just go with the straight 1 to 1 if you're like me and not good with numbers
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I've been on a bit of a hiatus for a few weeks, playing that darn Civ mod I'm so fond of, but today I felt like doing some map detailing so I have this as an update. This is one of the kingdoms with all of the prominent cities placed and boundaries marked. I've always loved the pics of earth at night where you can see the lights from the cities so I combine that look with a map symbology. I have to put in trade routes and then name everything and finish it off with the graphics like compass and scale and key etc. but this is an example of how things are progressing. BTW, the kingdom was enlarged 200% from the original so the scale is 1 pixel = 1/2 mile. Red lines denote duchies, dark orange are the marquises, orange are earldoms, light orange are counties and yellow are baronies. The cities are capital, major cities, minor cities, major towns, minor towns, and major villages. It'll all be in the key when done, along with shrines and dungeons etc. Also is a pic without borders to give a clearer view of the cities.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	world 8-14b.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	2.96 MB 
ID:	6206   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	world 8-14.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	2.60 MB 
ID:	6207  
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

It looks great, but yikes!! I wouldn't want to have to do all that labeling.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12