Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: August challenge: The Grist.

Post RP gets that a lot!

RPMiller is his name, whereas RPTools is RolePlaying Tools, which MapTools is a part of. RPMiller is a user and enthusiastic promoter as a fan. RPTools is not RPMiller.

There's another member here, Trevor, he's actually the main developer of those apps and the website.

RPMiller, gets that all the time though!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Lord View Post
    RP,

Thanks I think I got it. I watched a few tutorials and I think RPTool is really impressive, did you make it?

So for the challenge I will just uploaded cridded tiles with my own light. Then after the challenge I will revisit them for VTT's. All the darkness/light is on seperate layers so its just a matter of turning them off and on.
    Excellent to read! It looks like you are on your way to becoming a VTT user. I look forward to both the challenge submission and the VTT maps. If you are at all inclined, I would suggest you join the RPTools forums and share your VTT maps with them as well. They would really appreciate it and you might even get a commission out of the deal.

As for the question of did I make it...

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    RPMiller is his name, whereas RPTools is RolePlaying Tools, which MapTools is a part of. RPMiller is a user and enthusiastic promoter as a fan. RPTools is not RPMiller.

There's another member here, Trevor, he's actually the main developer of those apps and the website.

RPMiller, gets that all the time though!

GP
    It is rather ironic that my real life initials would match up with my hobby isn't it? Yes, GP is correct. I didn't have anything to do with its creation. That is all Trevor's doing, but as GP mentioned, I'm an enthusiastic promoter. Let's see... Enthusiastic Promoter of RPTools... EPoRPT? How about ePoRT? I think I'll put that in my sig and see how many questions I can get.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by "RPMiller
    Excellent to read! It looks like you are on your way to becoming a VTT user.
    I actually don't play VTT, table top or any form of RPG, I haven't played D&D since the 4th grade. I just like making maps.

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller
    Let's see... Enthusiastic Promoter of RPTools... EPoRPT? How about ePoRT? I think I'll put that in my sig and see how many questions I can get.
    I think the best term would be Chief Evangelist, which I have actually seen on some business cards.

ok Back on topic. Here is the first stand alone room. One is bare and one has some tombs. All the tombs are custom by me and they are all different. The broken one is empty because it's been looted.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D7.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	663.8 KB 
ID:	5928   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D8.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	759.9 KB 
ID:	5929  

I actually don't play VTT, table top or any form of RPG, I haven't played D&D since the 4th grade. I just like making maps.
    I don't play D&D either. I play good roleplaying games. Oh zing! Just kidding people! Honestly though, I haven't played D&D in a very long time. The last time I played it I DMed for my kids and took them on a short adventure to introduce them to roleplaying in general and show them the most popular system. Since then they have only played Champions cause we all like superheroes.

Regardless, thank you very much for providing such beautiful maps to the challenge and I seriously appreciate anyone that makes maps just to make them and especially when they contribute them for others to use so thank you again.

I think the best term would be Chief Evangelist, which I have actually seen on some business cards.
    Hm... While I would consider using that, I'm actually no the chiefest of Chief Evangelists.

ok Back on topic. Here is the first stand alone room. One is bare and one has some tombs. All the tombs are custom by me and they are all different. The broken one is empty because it's been looted.
    Those tombs are beautiful! Will you be able to provide those as separate objects when you are done? Definitely some of the nicest I've seen.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by RPM
    I don't play D&D either. I play good roleplaying games. Oh zing! Just kidding people! Honestly though, I haven't played D&D in a very long time.
    While I don't play RPG's I have always enjoyed the realms they inhabit. In the fourth grade I rarely actually played D&D, I really just liked reading the beastiary. I'd like to enjoy RPg games but I am afraid I can't really find the time. My all time favorite game though was Ultima 7 The Black Gate, which I played in the 7th grade. I still draw a lot of inspiration from that series.
    Those tombs are beautiful! Will you be able to provide those as separate objects when you are done? Definitely some of the nicest I've seen.
    Yes I can, though I use a lot of over painting for shadows and shading. If I make them objects it would be with a minimal drop shadow, so it may not fit in as nicely as it does in my tile, but it should still look good.

Question

btw, does anyone have any request for custom objects that would go in a dungeon room. Each tile I do will have a bare room or rooms and the room or rooms with an object or something.

The next thing I will probably do is a dilapidated throne of some sort. Any other ideas?

Columns are always a great addition.

Wip

Here are three more tiles. They all use the same empty room.

One is the plain empty room tile with corner exits.

One has a movable 'wall' object than can be used to plug any exit way to create dead ends. It's currently plugging the southern exit.

One is the corner room with a movable center column or rock wall.

One is the corner room with 4 rock columns. They cannot overlap each other.

No on to more interesting rooms.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D9.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	700.4 KB 
ID:	5948   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D10.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	690.8 KB 
ID:	5949   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D11.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	677.9 KB 
ID:	5950   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D12.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	640.7 KB 
ID:	5951  

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    Columns are always a great addition.
    I'm not sure what you mean by columns... i put in some rock wall columns but I don't think thats what you meant.

Blog Entries

Ohhh, Ahhh etc - yeah these are real cool. I like the wip tag earlier to . Next time I run the script you should have that sarcophagi image as the thumbnail.

I think that for your style of rough cave then stalagmites and stalactites would be good and when they link up you get a pillar or a column so maybe some thinner round craggy type columns would be the natural type. The way you have done the rock pillars is great - a kind of small black cross section with rough splay where it joins the floor.

Cave pools are often good too tho slightly harder to make. Bit of the ole alpha blended water tokens. Boulders and rubble tokens can allow you to modify the basic tiles too, or even block off sections etc.

These kind of generic cave type tokens allow you to adapt a basic tile into many varieties.

Another thing that could be fun is light sources - not the light itself. So torches and sconces and stuff like that. The fire you did was exceptional already. I think with a full fire you did right to have it as a fixed part of the base tile as that means you can add all the glow and highlights in from its considerable light emission.

Really loving these tiles. Way to go !!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast