Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: August challenge: The Grist.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip August Entry: The Grist.

Hi, this is my first time doing a challenge, well I joined only a few days ago.

I will be doing 7''x7'' tiles. This is the first one, just to get the style down.

The dungeon is called the Grist, it will be pretty standard and dilapidated. It's entirely done in photoshop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D1.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	679.5 KB 
ID:	5876  
    Last edited by Lord; 08-15-2008 at 10:25 AM.

Praise Dark and moody!

"Good Lord!" (pun intended)

Nice work! Dark and moody, just the thing to get the adventurers blood pumping - I really like this. Sweet painterly style.

Welcome to the boards, Lord.

Its nice to see one of the Conquer Club members jumping into a monthly challenge right off the bat. Good Luck!

Keep up this quality and you'll be getting one of my multi-votes! (This forum allows multi-choice on voting up to 3.)

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Blog Entries

Yeowzers, thats mighty fine ! A handful of map tiles like that and I think your in for a front runner pack finish !

Definitely some rep heading your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    "Good Lord!" (pun intended)

Nice work! Dark and moody, just the thing to get the adventurers blood pumping - I really like this. Sweet painterly style.

Welcome to the boards, Lord.

Its nice to see one of the Conquer Club members jumping into a monthly challenge right off the bat. Good Luck!

Keep up this quality and you'll be getting one of my multi-votes! (This forum allows multi-choice on voting up to 3.)

GP
    Thanks. I have never done a map on this scale so I am getting use to the style, its quite different. I hope to do the tiles geomorphic like your terrain set, though it should be a bit easier since only the entrances have to match up.

Also the fireplace is an object, the shadows and light can come with it for a diameter of 15 feet. I can post that alone if anyone wants it, though I am not soo sure how the lighting will play on other textures.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Yeowzers, thats mighty fine ! A handful of map tiles like that and I think your in for a front runner pack finish !

Definitely some rep heading your way.

Thanks. Whats rep?

Post Rep?

Lord,

"Rep" is reputation. Notice the balance symbol, located beneath your name (between the other two symbols) at the bottom of your name/stats block to the left of any of these posts. By clicking on this symbol you are revealed any reputation points assigned to you for good works.

Any of us who think you deserve some "rep" can click on your balance and apply a point or two of Rep - giving you higher status here.

You should equally give someone else Rep, whenever you feel they especially help you out with tips/tricks or is especially creative in a given project.

What comes around, goes around - spread Rep around where you see fit, you'll surely be earning some of your own.

Here's some Rep for you, Lord!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

There's also a Sticky Thread here on it: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=720
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Very nice, looking forward to seeing the rest.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Wip

Ok so here are two more tiles. Just a basic straight hallway and a basic corner. The hallways has a torch lit and some spent torches on the ground, all are objects and can be removed. The corner has a cave in, which is another object, though it will only fit there, but it can be removed. The hallway has the grid on it.

I will work on some more 'rooms' as this is starting to look like a cave. Though the Grist is an abandoned dungeon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D2.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	626.0 KB 
ID:	5900   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D3.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	607.7 KB 
ID:	5901  

Blog Entries

Theres going to be many more ohhs and ahhs from over here. These are great.

Edit -- I should also mention. I run a script now and again which generates a page of thumbnails for all the competition entries. There is a sticky thread about that under the challenges section with the full details. Your already on that page as the script grabs just any image it can as the latest thumbnail but if you want to tag an image as the latest work in progress then use the latest wip tag with #'s as specified in that sticky. Then the script will use that image until you put in another tag. It always uses the last one it finds.

Here is a Link to the current August challenge thumbnails

These change as we get new entrants and new updates. I used to do it by hand but I made a script cos it got tedious after a while.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 08-12-2008 at 09:23 PM.

Cool, very nice, I plan to make use of them once you have more of them. And you can count on my vote when its time for voting.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast