Thread: Bring my world to life.

Default Bring my world to life.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Caeruin-12.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	3.74 MB 
ID:	64523I'm reaching out again through the marvelous tool that is the internet to request an artist's help in brining my fantasy world to life. I've been planning a fantasy series since my earliest days in high school and now a year before graduating college i'm happy to say my world (through words) is coming alive. I'm looking to take it a step further however. I want the cartography of my world to finally be set in stone. Thus far, i have developed cities and some towns in isolation and have left the development of the two continents they occupy ambiguous.

The world is mostly a water world with two supermassive continents one to the west and another to the east. The two are joined only at their southern tips which extends past the planet's equator. Located also on the planet is a vast chain of large islands resembling a snaking dragon, on which ancient societies have perished and caused global calamity through almost one thousand years of global conflict. These remote islands have been sealed through the working of ancient spells to insure the knowledge still held on shores of these isles remains lost but when an enchanted Scythe, Ragnarok, is rediscovered sparking a religious and political uprising not seen in eight thousand years the secrets of the old world become more important than ever.

This is a paid project and i am looking to purchase all the rights associated with the art, preferably with the artist able to use it in portfolios. But know the book (series) is likely a long way from being finished. I am therefore willing to negotiate and talk directly with the artist about pricing. As an artist, be prepared to negotiate set time periods for which work is to be completed (nothing too inflexible). Please have examples of your work to show. The aesthetic of a world is so important to get right and match with the overall tone of the novel so i want to be sure you can produce such a style. I will leave below an example of a map i simply love and which i would potentially like to emulate.
    Last edited by tidusx43; 05-29-2014 at 01:56 AM.

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

An e-mail or other form of contact would be much appreciated.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Hi! I'm interested in this job. Please take a look at my portfolio through the link in my signature, and send an e-mail to the adress you'll find there if you think my style would match your novel's tone

I would be interested in your project as well. You can see a link to my portfolio and website in my signature.
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

My Albums - My Portfolio