Thread: Kingdom of Aquilonia (Ave Tenebrae)

Map Kingdom of Aquilonia (Ave Tenebrae)

Here's my last map for my home made Ave Tenebrae RPG setting (loosely based on a mix of Howard's Conan, some D&D setting, and the "Ave Tenebrae" board game, of course).
    It's an attempt to map the Kingdom of Aquilonia, and the second map where I draw almost everything (except the icons, largely reworked but based on existing stuff), and the background texture.

Hope you'll like it, all comments are welcome!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AK final.jpg 
Views:	331 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	64530

Nice map! I know i as a fellow roleplayer would be inspired in all kinds of directions if you as the GM put this map before me
    If i am allowed to "complain" - not a big fan of the mountains...not sure why exactly but the style is not pleasing to my eyes. But that's really a nitpick and a personal taste thing....the overall map looks very game-able!

Have a Like! (not sure i can Rep. you)

Edit: Turns out i can Rep. you...so ... repped
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Nicely done, Ilanthar! I sort of prefer your more modern-looking maps actually, but it's also cool to see something different from you

Thanks, everyone!

By Eilathen
    Nice map! I know i as a fellow roleplayer would be inspired in all kinds of directions if you as the GM put this map before me
    If i am allowed to "complain" - not a big fan of the mountains...not sure why exactly but the style is not pleasing to my eyes. But that's really a nitpick and a personal taste thing....the overall map looks very game-able!
    Good to know, one of my player is already glad to picture things more clearly. And of course, you're allowed to complain about mountains
    It's a kind of mix between my different tests on the matter... but it serves my purpose quite well on this, imo.

By Lingon
    Nicely done, Ilanthar! I sort of prefer your more modern-looking maps actually, but it's also cool to see something different from you
    I have some sci-fi maps to do, truth be told. A city map and a galactic view. But I have not been able to get a good start on those, so maybe later!

Nice one for a style of map far from what you usually do, Can't rep you yet but you deserve it Little detail but to me the names of baronnies/ comtés would have benefit just a bit more visibility, maybe a soft outer glow to improve readability.
    Did you use tree thing for your forests and swamps?

Thanks Francissimo!

By Francissimo
    the names of baronnies/ comtés would have benefit just a bit more visibility, maybe a soft outer glow to improve readability.
    Noted for future maps. A glow would have been hard to obtain considering the layer effect I used for those labels.

Did you use tree thing for your forests and swamps?
    Well, no, I'm sometimes very old school. I just copy/paste the trees and swamps that I drawn and scanned.