Thread: Reference maps for a setting [Glorantha]

Guild Novice

Post Reference maps for a setting [Glorantha]

Behind the link you can find four maps, drawn for reference for descriptive articles.

LINK

The "Bachad Tribe" is based on my mapping, but the colours & feel are from a professional friend, Turkka Kylliäinen, and this is only a small portion of the whole map. This map has both Alone (a town) and Garrik (a clan) shown, so you can depict where the "Alone_Surroundngs" and "Garriktula" maps fit in.

All of these three maps are made with photoshop only. The goal is informative clarity, mainly having the names on right spots.

The "Ornim" map is hand drawn, but the idea & goals are the same.

All of these maps have been drawn for the fantasy setting Glorantha, specifically for a Finnish fanzine.

-ile

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkka View Post
    Behind the link you can find four maps, drawn for reference for descriptive articles.

LINK

The "Bachad Tribe" is based on my mapping, but the colours & feel are from a professional friend, Turkka Kylliäinen, and this is only a small portion of the whole map. This map has both Alone (a town) and Garrik (a clan) shown, so you can depict where the "Alone_Surroundngs" and "Garriktula" maps fit in.

All of these three maps are made with photoshop only. The goal is informative clarity, mainly having the names on right spots.

The "Ornim" map is hand drawn, but the idea & goals are the same.

All of these maps have been drawn for the fantasy setting Glorantha, specifically for a Finnish fanzine.

-ile
    In case you did not know, you can store a copy of hte images on this site and display them inline by using the Advanced tab. that way, people see thumbnails. While I like all of the maps a bit, I really like the Bachad Tribe.jpg map. Specifically, I really like the "line" you used on the plains around "Alone". Even though I use GIMP, could you let us know how you did that? Also, did you make your own brushes for the trees or grab them from somewhere? they are very nice.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

They are all very good and have a nice distinctive feel to them and nice color in the two color ones. Thanks for sharing them!