Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: May/June 2014 Lite Challenge: The Toll Keeper's Hold

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wip

Well I think this is "completed" I finally got it close to the idea that I originally envisioned. I finished it off with some of Greytales EXCELLENT map objects. This was a fun project and a fun return to mapping after another long absence. As always feedback is more than welcome.

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Toll Keepers Hold.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	3.86 MB 
ID:	64687
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Very nice! I love how the water looks!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Domino44 View Post
    Very nice! I love how the water looks!
    Thanks very much
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

This looks perfect. I also really like the bits and pieces of story that you added throughout the process, the story grew with the map. Also... you're a keener! Done 10 days early?

Edit: Also, I meant to ask, what is that net-looking thing for? A sort of collapsible bridge? I have to admit I'm liking my vision of orcs doing a tightrope walk along the chain to get from side to side. Or just to show off.

cheers,
    Meshon
    Last edited by Meshon; 06-12-2014 at 01:54 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Meshon View Post
    This looks perfect. I also really like the bits and pieces of story that you added throughout the process, the story grew with the map. Also... you're a keener! Done 10 days early?

Edit: Also, I meant to ask, what is that net-looking thing for? A sort of collapsible bridge? I have to admit I'm liking my vision of orcs doing a tightrope walk along the chain to get from side to side. Or just to show off.

cheers,
    Meshon
    Thanks for the kind words The nets are simply a way for the Orcs to 'offload" their spoils from the ships. They are usually rolled up on the riverbank and can be quickly unrolled to provide an easier way to bring things to the towers. I like the idea of tightroping Orcs though....

Finished Maps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12