Garak was sure that he smelled meat cooking. He lifted his rather large nose into the air and took a deep sniff. Definitely meat and definitely close. Where had Bellig and the others found meat? There hadn't been a boat through the Toll in weeks and there was hardly foot traffic these days. He was tired of eating the tough tubers that grew wild near the river. He lifted his nose once again and began to follow the smell. Horse or Deer or Human, meat was meat and Garak intended to have his share......

Map making.... I THINK I remember how to do this.... This challenge seemed a perfect way to once again kindle the creative fire inside me and make me remember how much fun this all is. From the above story blurb you can gather that a band of Orcs have made their home in an old fort that once guarded the entrance of a river. Garak the "Toll Keeper" has managed to live fairly well from extracting a tithe from each ship that attempted to navigate "his" river to reach a large city several hundred miles downriver. Things lately have been not quite so good however.....

This image represents the basic outline of what I am hoping to accomplish. All the colors and text and lines are just placeholders as I find it easier to create a "notes" layer to just doodle on until I get everything just so. I'm thinking I will do this in a texture "heavy" style as that is what I enjoy. We will see how Garak (and I) fare.....

###LATEST WIP###
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Toll Keepers Hold.jpg 
Views:	1566 
Size:	361.8 KB 
ID:	64557