Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Valley

Default The Valley

This isn't a real WIP thread but the map isn't finished either. I have been working on this map for a while because of how busy this past month as been for me. I didn't really want to post a WIP that I would update every few weeks (maybe) so I worked on this map slowly when I could.

I'm not sure if I want to label everything on this map I kind of like the focus being on what I already have labeled. I still need to polish some things but it's not far from done. If anyone has any criticism or suggestion feel free to share them with me I learn a lot form every comment. I hope you like it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Valley3.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	67190  
    Last edited by Domino44; 09-07-2014 at 02:47 PM.

Fixed with the help of Wired
    Last edited by Domino44; 09-07-2014 at 02:49 PM.

fixed with the help of Wired (THANK YOU)
    Last edited by Domino44; 09-07-2014 at 02:51 PM.

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

You can.^^ Just edit the post and go to Manage Atatchments. There's a small "X" in the upper right corner of each of the attached images...

Thanks again Wired! I'm on vacation right now but I thought that I would post a black and white version of this map. I loved the color but I also really like how the map looks with just the B&W. Let me know which you like better!

B&W
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The_Valley_1black&white.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	999.7 KB 
ID:	67224

Color
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Valley_colorbest.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	67225

I think I like the b&w map better... and the colored version for the banners The buildings and banners are just excellent.
    Also, the tree making the title is a bit too blurry imo, compared to the rest of the map.

You would benefit so much from a graphics tablet! You're right there with the structure and techniques. Good stuff.

The black and white really shows off the details nicely.

Thanks!

@WhatTheBlazes, I have considered getting an art tablet and maybe I will, I just have to see what this year brings for me!

@Madcowchef, I'm glad you can see all the work I have put into this!

If you don't already have a tablet - I second that you'd almost certainly benefit from one. You definitely seem to know all of the techniques and such. Perhaps look at one of those monoprice tablets if you just want something cheap to experiment with - they are supposed to be very good.

Not a lot of criticisms I can come up with. I think the tree ornamentation around "THE VALLEY" would probably look a lot better if you lowered the opacity and made it more subtle. And I think your town/castle/keep/tower icons would look better just a little smaller. But it is a fantastic map.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast