Thread: May 2014 Entry - The Ley of the Land

Default May 2014 Entry - The Ley of the Land

Very, very late.
    I started this like a week ago (The base concept) And just finally got to doing it, this version is very in the work, as i'll be working on it only during this weekend

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ley lines.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	2.32 MB 
ID:	64613

Wish me the best of luck in finishing what I want to do by the time limit.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Interesting start. Good luck
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Annnd, here's a major update that I would of posted yesterday night; But I lost internet for a short while there.

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	98 
Size:	3.85 MB 
ID:	64635

Looks good evile. Just an FYI, I'll be closing the thread tomorrow morning. Hope you can finish it before then.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Looks good evile. Just an FYI, I'll be closing the thread tomorrow morning. Hope you can finish it before then.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Dang, I won't be able to finish the story part of the map and some other small changes.

To sum it up, it's about the Founder of the Magic Theorem, and a page of his research and discoveries involving the new world, such as the discovery of Ley Lines, which transmit magic all throughout the world, and his interest is piqued by a circle found on one of the maps (The Carved Sphere) So he quickly sketches it in as much detail he can in his log, and compares this with other maps made by The Trobbes of these leylines (Hence where the monster/beast part of the challenge comes from.) and then goes near the forest where he thinks the source of magic is, or a source of magic, and talks to various people about the forest, and in one case he got a detailed encounter, description, and sketch of a monster of sorts that someone claims they saw in the woods.
    He then goes back to the place where he originally got the maps, and talks with the Shaman of The Trobbe Tribe where he got the maps, and after talking about the dangers of that forest and various other locations in this new world, the Shaman teaches him about unknown rune-work as of now (The little note on the bottom right.) this part of the story ends here, as his attention shifts from the ley lines and source of magic to practicality and elongating his life first, and then discovering more secrets. The runes the trobbe Shaman showed him will eventually be the start of the basis of "modern" rune work, and rituals.

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	106 
Size:	3.89 MB 
ID:	64636