Thread: Cyberpunk 2020 floor plans

Map Cyberpunk 2020 floor plans

Im running a a Cyberpunk 2020 one shot this weekend so i thought i'd take what i'd learned from Toristan's dungeon tutorial in gimp and repurpose it for a sci fi setting.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sun_King_Plazafloor1.png 
Views:	1303 
Size:	329.0 KB 
ID:	64680

In many respects this was more of a visual experiment and given its only for a one shot it, and the other two floors, won't get alot of extra attention. I created a new pattern but with black on pale blue for the grid. All of the lines had a guassian blur, colour curve (alpha) modification and the filter>logo>neon ran on them, as did the doors. I then skimmed the internets for the best freeware fonts i could find and made up some quick logos for the various shops and bars within this mall, all with plenty of neon.

Guild Member Facebook Connected jugabyte's Avatar

I like it. I love sci-fi and it totally has that cyberpunk tron look to it.

Very fun. I like how "futuristic" as an idealized form seems to have crystallized in the 80's and 30 some years later we are still associate the style strongly with the future, making it instantly recognizable.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very very cool ! It has a great "old school future" feel to it. Great Work !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by madcowchef View Post
    Very fun. I like how "futuristic" as an idealized form seems to have crystallized in the 80's and 30 some years later we are still associate the style strongly with the future, making it instantly recognizable.
    I always figured that the '70s were the highwater point for self-consciously "modern" design of physical things(architecture, industrial design, vehicles), and that '80s green on black computer interface design(taken to it's ultimate extent in early '90s AutoCad, although that extended the paradigm to neon colors on black) was the ultimate in modernity for that field.

Contemporary design is far more backward looking. The graphics are a whole lot better, but rusty metal steampunk is hardly "modern."

I'm not saying I'm a huge fan of Disco, but ABBA pretty much still owns "modernity."

Awesome. Looks very Blade Runner.

I like to use a copy of the layer for the blur so that I can get a little better definition without losing the glowy look. That way you can control the opacity of the blur if it starts obscuring things. It's not a problem on this image, but if you do another one with smaller details or type you might find it useful.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name