Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Osengaard or Egads! Not another city :D

Couple thoughts.

1. If the entire city is able to go to the arena, I think it is going to have to be much larger.
    2. If the culture doesn't have any superstitions or religious anxieties about the dead than your placement is ok, but if they do, would people really live that close to the dead (or potentially undead )
    3. I wouldn't worry to much about the estates. If you think about it, only so much wealth can flow into a given city, and probably only 1% of the population will really hold the largest portion of that and it will trickle and move about through the middle class and finally to the poor. So the question becomes just how much wealth is there and who are they? I would imagine that there aren't that many nobles in a city of this size.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

I have been enjoying watching this map come into what it is now, and I must say, its a beautiful map, and I love the style! I can't wait to see it finished!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

@Towser - Thanks, not sure if I'll ever get back to this one or not.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    @Towser - Thanks, not sure if I'll ever get back to this one or not.
    What!? It would be such a waste to stop now. This map looks fantastic now and would look even better once it is finished. Besides, how can I rep you for it if you don't finish it.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Turgenev View Post
    What!? It would be such a waste to stop now. This map looks fantastic now and would look even better once it is finished. Besides, how can I rep you for it if you don't finish it.
    We'll see...no promises though, I'm buried neck-ddep in this month's challenge at the moment. Maybe after that.

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

OK, since there seems to be some interest in my finishing this, I've dragged it out of mothballs. Updates will be infrequent as it's on my work PC and can only work on it during down/slow times.

Here is a very minor update... added a few more noble estates.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Osengaard-Redux-Revived.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	3.07 MB 
ID:	10213  

If you use two layers for the roofs, you can makse hosues that have multiple roofs without the bevel making them misshapen.
    I did it in my carlsborg map by just copying the original layer and then deleting the lower roofs from the new layer.

@Hoel - Thanks for the tip. I do something like that for the noble estates. The remaining houses, etc. have a really bad pattern overlay on them, one I need to replace - hopefully that will fix some of those issues.

I am really glad you are working on this map again. Its the first thread I ever read on here and I like it a lot!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345