Thread: Sixth, Ageod's Civil War 2 map !

Default Sixth, Ageod's Civil War 2 map !

Here is the last map I did for Ageod/Slitherine.

The Civil War 2 map ! Huge one, 19500 x 15350 px !!!

Same process, Photoshop. I also use 3ds Max to create elevation but it was a nightmare and we can't really see the effect...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CW2_Map.jpg 
Views:	433 
Size:	3.43 MB 
ID:	64698

Another shots of the game here:
    AGEod - Civil War II The Bloody Road South

I also did all the UI, buttons, icons, menus of the game...

Hi, that's a cool series of maps you did here, the rivers are complex and give a good feeling to the map. About an elevation effect using 3D software i think it is a bit a waste of time for pure top down views, that's a complex approach for some not so good results (i have tried that too without success). Photoshop bevell effects or simply painting black and white with low opacity is really faster and gives better results in top down view according to me, but each cartographer has it owns recipes:=)

This is excellent! I'm contemplating the notion to make my own Ageod maps, because I don't like their cartoonish style. The first stock Birth of America map was good, but then things went south progressivley with each title.

I've got a question, though! How to you work with the tiles, how do you get them into PS and back into the game? All I can see there are a bunch of jigsaw puzzle pieces, a thousand of them or so! Is there some trick?